Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,

I just ordered 2 x 1gb sticks of crucial matched pc3200 today - i already have 1 gb in my system here's my question..

2gb seems to be pretty much the standard at the moment so is it worth hanging on to my other 2 x 512 mb sticks currently in my system and having 3gb of memory or should I sell the original 2 x 512 sticks?

Phil.

·
TSF Enthusiast
914 Posts
As it's dual channel, i suggest in selling them as they will only slow down your system dramatically - the extra GB will cause this. So, you can make money at the same time as increasing the performance of your computer - so sell, sell, sell! :p

Regards,
Nick.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
it will be no benefit to add the 2 x 512 sticks to the system. Leave the 2 sticks of one gig each and sell off the extras.

You will also be able to get tighter memory timmings with two sticks then you can with foru sticks if you are using an AMD cpu.

****** if your run four sticks of memory with an AMD CPU that DOES not have E6 stepping then your ram will be slowed from 400mhz to 333mhz :mad: that would be a kick in the hinnie!
run only two sticks for best performance!

you cant use the full two gig EVEN if you are a die hard gamer, at max load you might be able to hit 1.5 gigs used ????

sell, sell, sell

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.