Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all, this is my first post on this thread. I recently purchased parts to build a pc. The mainboard I have is a MSI K7, DDR. I installed everything 100% correct, and as far as i can get, after clearing the CMOS everytime is to begin installing my new western digital HDD. After a restart I lose everything. A blank screen with a cursor at the top left-hand corner. I have exhausted all my recources in trying to find the problem. I returned the first one, and have the same problem. The only way for me to even boot up into the system BIOS is for me to clear the CMOS, But if I make any changes, and save and exit the system, I get that blank screen again. If anyone has any ideas, it would greatly be appreciated. Thanks for your time. Have a great day.

Plastik

·
Registered
852 Posts
Welcome to the finest forum north of the columbian border!

Anyway, eventhough it is not impossible to get two bad MSI boards in a row, (it has happened to me) It is likely that isn't the problem.

First off (I know, you have allready done this) re- seat your CPU into the socket, and look for bent pins.

If you have multiple sticks of ram, use only one for testing and make sure it is seated well.

Make sure your power supply is rated for that system, follow the AMD recommendations.

Listen to the hard drive and determine if it starts spinning or not when you power up.

Right now since it is a new system it could be one of about 20 things causing that exact problem. It would be nice if you had some parts laying around to swap some stuff out with to see which part is failing miserably.

Keep us updated and we will crack the problem-

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The power supply is fine, only one stick of ram, 512 DDR. CPU is fine. Dunno what else could be the problem, any ideas???

Fed up with computers,
Plastik

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.