Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought two 512 PC 133 SDR DIMM for a Gateway 300S LTD computer that was recommended by Tigerdirect whenever I put it in I get an amber light on the power button and it will not boot. Tried to upgrade bios with exe file from website and couldn't get upgrade to work. Need advice.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
Are you using only the new RAM or are you attempting to mix the new RAM with the old RAM? Will the PC boot with the old RAM?
Crucial has the most reliable info and RAM for prebuilt PC's.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
I'm confused? You said in your OP *whenever I put it in I get an amber light on the power button and it will not boot*

Above post says *Using new RAM will boot with old RAM two 128 sticks*

Does your inquiry relate to the failure to execute the Bios update?
Rule of thumb for Bios flashing---------if it ain't broke...don't fix it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The computer will give the amber light with the two sticks of 512 RAM but with two sticks of 128 will boot up an run. I did try to update the BIOS so it would accept the 512 sticks but couldn't get the BIOS to update. Since Tiger Direct recommended these sticks Is there something else I can try to get the computer to work with the 512 sticks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Ram is PC133 SDRAM. I know the 300s has to have two of the same sticks in the slots. It only has two memory slots. I thought I read that the 300s could take up to 1gb of memory. The memory finder on tiger direct is where I ordered the 512 memory from.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.