Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:angry2: Has anyone installed a 160 gig. Western Digital Hard drive yet? I am having a HE11 of a time getting a P4C800 ASUS M/B to recognize my new H/D. I have even installed the PCI Card that came with the H/D but when I partition the H/D it does not show up correctly in the BIOS.:deal: :deal: . I also have a post in the Motherboard and BIOS section about the BIOS problem. IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE RESPOND ASAP.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am currently having similar problems with my 80gb WD drive too. I suppose you have tried downloading the Data Lifeguard Tools from the WD website?

·
Registered
1 Posts
T&N said:
:angry2: Has anyone installed a 160 gig. Western Digital Hard drive yet? I am having a HE11 of a time getting a P4C800 ASUS M/B to recognize my new H/D. I have even installed the PCI Card that came with the H/D but when I partition the H/D it does not show up correctly in the BIOS.:deal: :deal: . I also have a post in the Motherboard and BIOS section about the BIOS problem. IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE RESPOND ASAP.
Hi, I may have a solution because I have the same problem with this Asus M/B configuraion on 2 x160 GB Maxtor (s-ata's) and a 80 GB WD HD, connecting the 80 Gb HD to the secondary ide port, and the CD drives on the primary as master/slave, and I put the both Maxtors on the s-ata connectors, In the bios (build 1011) they are selected under enchanged mode and p-ata+sata with raid disabled..;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.