Tech Support banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my crankshaft for my lawn tractor the cam shaft for that engine was discontinued . it dosent have a oil pump so the camshaft wasent slotted at one end. the newer version is slotted for a oil pump and will work on non oil pump models the original cam shaft has pressed on spline washers on one end. so will i need to remove these and fit them on the new cam ? they look to be thrust washers. cant find any info on these.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,528 Posts
Engine Model #?

·
Super Moderator, Editor, Articles Team
12,447 Posts
Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Not sure what you was making an announcement about but we have an Automotive section. I moved your thread there.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,528 Posts
The parts drawings don't clarify this. Call 1-800-661-6662. That's the Briggs & Stratton number in Canada and they will give some tech assistance.

·
Moderator, Automotive Team
12,836 Posts
It'll probably work, I have a 17hp with a cam shaft from an 18hp that had a oil poump the rod comes from a 16.5hp the crank came out of a 18hp without a pump, gonna put it onteh cub soon and see it Frankenstien will run, on the bench I have good compression

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It'll probably work, I have a 17hp with a cam shaft from an 18hp that had a oil poump the rod comes from a 16.5hp the crank came out of a 18hp without a pump, gonna put it onteh cub soon and see it Frankenstien will run, on the bench I have good compression
Well thanks for the info i put it all back together and fired right up . Just gotta wait till the snow melts and mowin i will be.

·
12,836 Posts
Congrats, if you were closer to my town here in Nc, I could rebuild a lawn mowere motor for you easy enough LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. bit of a ways from British Columbia eh! Never even been to the U.S.A. lol

·
12,836 Posts
Thanks. bit of a ways from British Columbia eh! Never even been to the U.S.A. lol
lol I went to a friends cattle ranch outside Blackie in Alberta a few years back, thats the farthest in the North American continent I have been , other than that I and been as far north as Stamsvika Norway and as far south as Cape horn, every country in the med, half of central America and a lot of the middle east

1 - 10 of 10 Posts