Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently bought a 1394 card. I stuck it in one of my PCI slots and loaded the computer. It found the card right away and added it to the device manager. The problem I am having is that the device manager says "This device cannot start (code 10)" or something like that. All my programs say they cannot read the card. I tried switching it for another card (in case the first was busted) but it does the same thing. The guy at the store said I should update the drivers for my card and motherboard, but the drivers won't install for the card (they say I haven't installed it yet) and I don't even know where to begin with my MB... Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Could you please tell us the brand of PCI card and your motherboard so we can help you?
:winking:

If the drivers are in zip format, unzip them, and then go into the device manager and manually install them by pointing to where you unzipped them.

You've gotten all the patches, drivers, and other updates from Windows Update, correct?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.