Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5,945 Posts
To ensure the best performance from a laptop, keep it plugged in and also change the power options to high performance. Rerun the scan after you've done this and see if there is any difference.

Other potential system tweaks that you might try are outlined here:

· Registered
5,945 Posts
I'm totally out of ideas.
Download and run HWMonitor to ensure that CPU temps are not getting high enough to cause a clamp down. Also, check to see of there's a setting in the BIOS that allows the CPU to throttle down in order to prolong battery life and reduce fan noise. If your temps are too high, look for a YouTube video on how to disassemble and clean your laptop. Before re-installing Windows, run SFC /SCANNOW from an elevated command prompt and re-install your audio drivers to see if this helps. Finally, note that at least one review I read stated that your laptop model has some inherent issues with processing real-time audio.

"The Victus 16 has some problems with real-time processing of audio" -- notebookcheck.net

· Registered
5,945 Posts
I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish sound-wise but there are USB sound cards available too. I've no idea if they would accomplish what you would need them to when interfaced with your specific computer though.

· Registered
5,945 Posts
I'm using an external USB audio interface that comes with its own ASIO drivers, so that should all be fine. The issue is the CPU's poor performance, regardless of audio. Everywhere I've asked about this, the only reason people can suggest is some sort of throttling/power issue, but no reports are backing up that theory. If everything else is up to date and functional, what's left after that?
Windows' power management settings should allow the CPU to operate at max speed as long as the computer is plugged in. However, your computer's BIOS may have settings that force it to always operate at max speed. Also, since you are using an external audio device, make sure that your USB drivers are up to date and check to see if the USB port you are using for your device is always on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts