Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello tsf

I have a problem with my computer i recently upgrade my ram to 2gb from 256mb. When playing games(facebook games,online & offline games) my cpu usage raises immidiately to 100% how should i fix this problem i thought raising the ram would fix the problem but still the same

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
computer specs please
name , brand and model

psu
motherboard
ram
cpu

did your cpu raise to 100% prior to ram upgrade?

what process is taking up most of your cpu resources?
is it system idle ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Motherboard :pCCHIPS P25G V1.0
RAM: 1GB Kingston ValueRam x 2
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.40GHZ
PSU: Generic 400W PSU

prior to ram upgrade? yes
base on task manager system idle process is at 95-99

·
TSF Enthusiast
473 Posts
Repost it when it is at 100% usage. I.E. when you have one of the games open.

·
Global Moderator
42,233 Posts
Try the forums over at ePSXe, you will have more luck there then on this general microsoft forum.
Download speccy, this will give you all the information about your computer including temperature.

·
Global Moderator
42,233 Posts
Temperatures are not shown as %'s. Do you mean C? For Celsius? 60 and 70 degrees C would be quite hot. Turn off the computer and take the side off and blow out all fans with a can of compressed air. Turn the computer on and make sure all fans are spinning. If you downloaded Speccy, Run Speccy again go up to File/Publish Snapshot. Copy the URL to the clipboard and paste it in your next post.

·
Global Moderator
42,233 Posts
Did you run Speccy After you cleaned it out or before. As it is still showing 60 C for the motherboard which is on the threshold of hot. Be sure you cleaned the processor fan and heat sync of any dust bunnies. You may need to remove the processor fan and re-apply Thermal Gel between the fan and the processor.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Any Computer Shop you pass by would most likely sell them too.
Do be careful when you are applying it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.