Tech Support banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. So I have this small project on mind but to complete it I need a way to use 2 PC with the same keyboard at the same time, I did some investigation and found something called a KVM switch but it's not what I need cause it only allows to control one at a time and switch between them. I need something like if I type ABC on the keyboard, i get ABC typed down on both PC at the same time. Hope y'all can help me, It would be very appreciated.

·
Citizen of the world
51,139 Posts
I've never seen what you're looking for, I suspect, it might be a custom hardware job. It would be pretty simple to do, it's just not an off-the-shelf product from what I can see.

·
Citizen of the world
51,139 Posts
If all that is desired is two identical displays, that would work. However, that isn't the same as having the command go to two computers.

·
Moderator Hardware Team
13,777 Posts
Then you would have to splice another usb cable to the keyboard usb cable. But doing that I would be worried about power going from one usb from computer to the other computer. You could try just splicing the data lines and not the power and ground wires.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello jkgl
"I need a way to use 2 PC with the same keyboard at the same time"

I have tried this but it does not work well. When you switch from one computer to another, Windows automatically applies "plug'n'play". Switch to one, "a new....", switch to the other "a new...", switch back, "a new...". It is so annoying and so time consuming, don't bother. Go back to two keyboards. A KVM switch is a pain in the ****. Btw, I still use my switch for a printer. You need to go through the process but it is worth it for printing. For keyboard or mouse, skip it.

·
Citizen of the world
51,139 Posts
Well, sort of. Those are keyboard switches, they don't simultaniously output the keys to both computers. Many of those also switch the mouse and monitor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts