Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64 (original install, preinstalled)
Approx 6 months old system and OS installation
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU X (() @ 3.47GHz 3.47GHz
Video: NVIDIA Quadro 5000
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC Rampage III Formula

Manufacturer: CyberPower Inc.
Model #: FQC-01247

So ever since I've gotten this computer I've had sporadic BSODs that are 0xF4. They can be multiple times in one day or once in a couple weeks. They can be when no software is running or when lots of it is running. The system usually hangs and then crashes, and I think it might have something to do with the SSD I have, but I'm not positive. When I had the blue screens automatically reboot it would screw up the disk boot order and the SSD would no longer be first. I would also sometimes have accompanying 0x6B and 0xED stops on startup which further made me think it was the SSD. I have run memtest86 with no errors showing up.

EDIT: I followed the attachment instructions for BSOD reporting, but the file was taking forever to upload as it was over 200 MB. I'll have to see if I can attach it tomorrow.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
3,172 Posts
You need to setup your system to create mini dump files instructions are below
Click on Start > Right Click on COmputer > Properties > Left hand side Click on Advance system settings > Click on the Advanced tab > On the bottom you will see "Start up and revcovery > Click on Settings in that section > Change the "Write debugging information to "Small memory dump" Also uncheck "Automatically Restart"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I've already done that. I was just following the instructions in this post and it included MEMORY.DMP, which is huge. So I just uploaded that file to my website, which you can find HERE.

I've also attached the simple minidump.

Attachments

·
TSF - Enthusiast
3,172 Posts
What Anti virus are you using?
If So uninstall it and download and use Microsoft security essentials for time being

REboot your computer into SAFE MODE
When in Desktop press the keys "Windows key + R"
Type in "SFC /SCANNOW"
let it finish and then reboot the machine

keep the machine running if another BSOD occurs post the mini dump files

I also recommend that you Download the latest Motherboard drivers from Asus' website and download the latest drivers for your graphic card from Nvidia's website
Use Driver sweeper to uninstall the current drivers
Reboot
Install the latest Drivers

Run Driver Verifier
http://www.techsupportforum.com/for...-windows-7-and-vista-bsod-related-473665.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The anti virus I'm using is Norton Security Suite from xfinity. I've disabled it.

I ran the sfc /scannow
I ran driver sweeper and reinstalled the current drivers you suggested (during which I had a couple BSODs)
and then I ran Driver Verifier. I started doing activities that I've noticed in the past few days might trigger the BSOD (this one in particular was the Windows Easy Transfer) and sure enough I got one. I've attached the minidump.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you mean a firmware update?

The SSD is a Corsair Force Series 3 240GB, and I had tried downloading a firmware updating tool for it. The program is supposed to list the drives, but it doesn't list any, so I can't update its firmware.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, I had to do some workarounds to get the firmware updated, but I got it done. I have been unable to trigger any BSODs in the past couple weeks, but I did get a new 0x7A BSOD today, which I've attached the minidump for.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.