Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so i have a 2001 mazda tribute. A month ago it began to vibrate/shake so bad the whole car shook. My CEL came on. After havin the code read
" ignition coil A
primary/secondary
secondary circuit malfunction"

I was told to have the coil changed.
I did so and it fixed the problem for a few weeks then the problem started all over again. The CEL came on and it read the same code. So I changed the coil again. It ran good for a day this time then de ja vu! It was running rough. The CEL came on and read the same code again! So I figured maybe the coil I purchased was faulty. I changed it and 3 blocks later the CEL was back once again!! I drove to the part store the code read the same as before. I bought a new coil and spark plug. But this time I swapped out a coil from another cylinder and put the new one in it's place and changed the spark plug.
Later that day the CEL came back on now I know I have a bigger problem than I thought. My coil and plug are fine. What could it be now? Should I change the wires? What could keep triggering the same code to come up?

·
Moderator Automotive Center
2,755 Posts
Hi whiskeygurl424

Did you erase the codes after replacement of the coil ? Check the wire harness and see if it's not touching the exhaust manifold or anywhere that can cause a short. Tighten securely all grounds and make sure the cam sensor is not damaged or fouled with engine oil.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.