Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 01 ram 1500 4x4 w/a 318. I put a new clutch in it and slave cylinder. My problem is that i cant get rid of the soft peddel. Ive tried bleeding it thru the bowl but i think it still has air bubbles. the slave cylinder does not have a bleed valve. help what am i doing wrong. thanks

·
Registered
14,581 Posts
Hi and welcome to TSF

You need to bleed it at the bottom,(clutch) not the top. It should be the same as bleeding brakes.

BG

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The slave cylinder does not have a bleed valve. The incoming line looks like a compression fitting using a o-ring. no where to bleed it. the cluth master cylinder in constructed the same way.

·
Moderator Automotive Center
2,755 Posts
Hi kurtsm

The clutch slave/ master cylinder on these trucks are one piece assembly's which are sealed at factory and bled as one unit.

To bleed it use the old school method by removing the slave and master together. Position the master cylinder in such a way that the fluid can flow easily to the slave by having the master cylinder's piston end pointing down. Top up the reservoir with fluid and pump the slave by hand, its a PIA to do it because you have to look at the reservoir at the same time until all the air is purged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.