Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Which RAM brand?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Tyree 
#1 ·
Hello,

I will be running multiple gaming servers from my new computer. I will be needing 16GB of RAM right now, but will be upgrading later.

I was wondering which brand is best for intensive use. The computer will be on 24/7, but I will be buying something to cool the RAM (suggestions?).

So, what is the best brand for intensive gaming servers? I've heard good things about both Corsair and Crucial, as well as some others...

Thanks!

P.S. If you happen to be well-informed on processors (3GHz+, Intel or AMD, intensive use) feel free to give me suggestions as well! Thanks!

#2 ·
crucial will tell you whats available for your system if you put in the motherboard into the search feature or you can visit your motherboard manufacturers website to see whats available.

generally speaking the best high performance ram is g skill ripjaws and corsair vengance and corsair xms

CPUs are also dependant on your boards CPU socket but I always choose intel CPUs and sandy brdiges and ivybridges are the best. If your running a proper server then consider xeons.

#3 ·
Even though the RAM mentioned above is designed for OCing, it will be ideal for you're setup as the heat spreaders will assist with the cooling considering it's on 24/7.

I also suggest going with Ivybridge too as the lower power consumption will be ideal for the long run.

Also, make sure you have a good quality PSU... you wouldn't want anything to happen to your expensive hardware in a "worst case scenario". Seasonic, Corsair and XFX are good quality.

#4 ·
crucial will tell you whats available for your system if you put in the motherboard into the search feature or you can visit your motherboard manufacturers website to see whats available.

generally speaking the best high performance ram is g skill ripjaws and corsair vengance and corsair xms

CPUs are also dependant on your boards CPU socket but I always choose intel CPUs and sandy brdiges and ivybridges are the best. If your running a proper server then consider xeons.
Thanks for both your help! I'm going with Corsair Vengeance, 2 x 8GB DDR3 :D Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.