Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Computer Security News

User Tag List

Why you should delete cookies before signing in to Google or Facebook

This is a discussion on Why you should delete cookies before signing in to Google or Facebook within the Computer Security News forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Whenever you use Google or Facebook without being logged in to an account, a cookie is saved to the local

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 09:15 PM   #1
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Support Visiting Expert
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

Quote:
Whenever you use Google or Facebook without being logged in to an account, a cookie is saved to the local system.
It is anonymous at this point in time even though it reveals information about your browsing habits to the company that set it.
Google for instance knows that you have searched for this and that but cannot link the information to you as a person. The company even states that it uses anonymous identifiers in its privacy policy.
The same is true for Facebook which may notice that you visit sites that display Facebook widgets but cannot link that to an account on the site.
Why you should delete cookies before signing in to Google or Facebook - gHacks Tech News
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Combofix Discussion thread
Just in case you guys haven't noticed, I have been inactive the last 2-3 days. I'm having some fellas do some renovation works at my place & from where my computer is located, they're tearing down walls about 10 feet away from me. :laugh: Will be somewhat inactive for the next few days but like...
sUBs The Security Hole 15031 12-08-2016 07:49 AM
What does it mean to log in with Facebook?? (Or Twitter...or Google + etc)
Good morning... So whenever I visit a new site that requires a log in, many sites now offer the option to skip the registration process and sign in with Facebook. Facebook seems to be the most common but I've also seen it for many other social media sites as well- Twitter, Google + etc. When...
CrazyTown Internet Explorer & Edge Forum 3 07-17-2014 05:21 AM
Help removing search engines from Chrome launch
Every time I launch Chrome in Windows 8 I am greeted with two AVG search tabs and one MSN tab. I want none of those and I can't find where they are set in Chrome. Is this some sort of trojan that installed them? How do I get rid of them so I just launch with a blank tab?
bauhsoj Resolved HJT Threads 10 07-14-2014 08:31 PM
delta search/babylon etc
Hi, Thank you so much in advance for any help you can give me with this please. Have delta search and babylon plus something to do with 'conduit' I think i have performed the correct scans/logs. Please advise me if i need to do any more if not correct. Many thanks again. Emma # AdwCleaner...
emmathorne Resolved HJT Threads 27 12-07-2013 12:08 AM
TIF Are not delete
I use gmer scan and attached the report I canot use Windows Install disc, or a Boot CD this is DDX text DDS (Ver_2012-11-20.01) - NTFS_x86 Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 BrowserJavaVersion: 10.7.2 Run by cool at 14:48:00 on 2013-02-26 Microsoft Windows XP Professional ...
kalpesh2013 Inactive Malware Help Topics 10 03-10-2013 07:19 AM