Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows Servers

User Tag List

Windows servers Backup

This is a discussion on Windows servers Backup within the Windows Servers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all I just got a new dell T440. I have VMware and two windows guest. One is the domain

Old 05-21-2020, 08:48 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi all

I just got a new dell T440. I have VMware and two windows guest. One is the domain controller and the other is a terminal server used for our accounting software and ERP program. I am looking for the best backup solutions. The domain controller is 900GB and the RDP server is 600GB.
Both servers are windows 2019.

I have a second location that is connected with a vpn tunnel. I want to find a solutions that does not require a monthly fee but also need the offsite backup. So was thinking to put a NAS at the second location to backup my servers to.
I want to be able to restore at the file level along with have clones of the VM so I could restore the server within minutes if needed.

Can anyone suggest a good backup solutions. I have a budget around $1,300 for everything.

I do also have a license for Vcenter. I did install that and I started to look into ways of using that for clones but did not find an easy way to setup automated clone backups.

I also started to look into getting a snyology diskstation. Maybe Veeam. I am worried a bit about the reliability of doing that but in the past I have always used cloud backups like carbonite and Mozy here and never had an issue. Would it make a any difference since I plan to backup clones also and not just file backups

I figured it would be a good idea to ask all the experts "meaning you all" your thoughts and suggestions

Thanks Much
joeny0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2020, 11:53 AM   #2
Registered Member

I use Macrium Server backup and have not had any problems with it for 8 years.

I have a Synology DS718+ NAS at my home as the offsite and I use the Synology Drive Client to sync the Macrium backups to the offsite NAS.

You may need to scale up to fit your needs.

My server runs SQL and our Point of Sale software including RDS to 3 clients.
xrobwx71 is offline   Reply With Quote