Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Cases and Cooling

User Tag List

Extension cables?

This is a discussion on Extension cables? within the Cases and Cooling forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Is there a such thing as an extension cable for the wires coming from the front I/O panel (ie Power/Reset,

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 07:15 PM   #1

Is there a such thing as an extension cable for the wires coming from the front I/O panel (ie Power/Reset, USB)? I just got an acrylic case but the wires supplied were too short, so I had to install the front panel upside-down. This is causing some spacing issues with the 9 5.25" bays, and I'd like to flip the front panel the right way to fix it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2007, 12:37 AM   #2

Radio shack for some dykes, wire strippers and quick disconnects
Old 05-28-2007, 09:52 AM   #3

I'm not exactly an electrical engineer.. do you think I could easily figure this out without any prior experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2007, 12:14 AM   #4

Yea, it's farily easy. However I did find premade extension cables that will undoubtedly look much better and you can still use the case later with the original cables if you like. I like this way better than splicing.

https://www.frontx.com/pro/c213.html
Old 05-30-2007, 08:23 PM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Send a message via ICQ to ebackhus Send a message via AIM to ebackhus Send a message via MSN to ebackhus Send a message via Yahoo to ebackhus Send a message via Skype™ to ebackhus

I've actually been thinking of making external CMOS reset buttons in this fashion. My MSI has on onboard which is AWESOME and I've like to spread that joy to others who like to mess with the internals to the point where multiple CMOS rests are necessity. :p
Old 06-13-2007, 03:52 PM   #6
I helped the forums.

OS: XP-Pro Sp2 & XP-Pro Sp2 Tablet Edition, Vista Ultimate, Win 7

My System

Look here scroll down to the bottom of the page there are numerous extenders for what you've been looking for...https://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g2/c...les-Page1.html
Old 06-20-2007, 06:46 AM   #7
Troubled

Quote:
Originally Posted by appler View Post
Is there a such thing as an extension cable for the wires coming from the front I/O panel (ie Power/Reset, USB)? I just got an acrylic case but the wires supplied were too short, so I had to install the front panel upside-down. This is causing some spacing issues with the 9 5.25" bays, and I'd like to flip the front panel the right way to fix it.
Took me a while to locate this info myself. The cable key word your looking for is "motherboard headers".

https://www.directron.com/installusb.html

has some good info.
Closed Thread