Go Back   Tech Support Forum > TSF Community Comments and More > Comments & Announcements

User Tag List

What to do if thread goes idle?

This is a discussion on What to do if thread goes idle? within the Comments & Announcements forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. What to do if thread goes idle? My support thread is located at : https://www.techsupportforum.com/for...ml#post7701366 . This thread is ongoing

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 06:18 PM   #1
Registered Member

Question

What to do if thread goes idle? My support thread is located at :
https://www.techsupportforum.com/for...ml#post7701366 .

This thread is ongoing support for software repairs and preventative & security & backup measures, all pursuant to my original issue of damage "Damage done to Windows by malware". The thread has been idle since I posted my last update & new subtopic questions (current question what software will work for my redundant file backup model described previously in the thread (post #183, 08-24-2018, 07:14 PM).

What should I do? I have used some forum type sites where the rule is to post a keyword, something like "reset" or "review" or "escalate", or something like that. Posting such a keyword will activate a reveiw by site admin to see why the thread went idle, as well as perhaps to respond with new posts. However, I have reviewed all posting rules and procedures and I could not find any such provision. This last subtopic & related questions are critical for me to execute the backup model already approved by Stancestans. What should I do now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2018, 06:26 PM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

you can always bump the thread. if it's been like three days without a response. just type in bump in the thread. the person helping you might be busy as we all have things to do besides being on here.

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:23 AM   #3
Registered Member

Idea

10:10pm ChST, Tue.8-28-2018: Thank you oscer1. Yes, "bump". That is the word I was looking for, along with the 3-day "rule", "guideline" whatever the case may be. Different forums use different terms for that. Problem was I could not find any rule or instruction covering it. Perhaps one should be drafted.

In this case, it was precisely because (quote oscer1) "the person helping you might be busy as we all have things to do besides being on here", that I posted this thread...because I knew that circumstance to be exactly the circumstance of Stancestans , who, I believe operates a private business which requires extensive travel. Therefore, on the 4th day of idleness, I decided that perhaps there might be an accepted procedure to prompt/invite perhaps a colleague to contribute at that point. So "bump" is the secret code word and 3 days is the secret time frame....ok.

As it happened in this case, today at 2:10am, Stancestans did return and addressed the subtopic with his typical high level of authority, competence & thoroughness. Thank you Stancestans. Thank you oscer1. Thank you TSF.
Closed Thread