Go Back   Tech Support Forum > TSF Community Comments and More > Comments & Announcements

User Tag List

TechSupportForum Junk Mail or Phishing

This is a discussion on TechSupportForum Junk Mail or Phishing within the Comments & Announcements forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Got a suspect email supposedly from the forum for a download of a program called GlassFire fire wall. Is it

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 03:25 PM   #1
Registered Member

Got a suspect email supposedly from the forum for a download of a program called GlassFire fire wall.

Is it legit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2015, 03:32 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

I believe it's GlassWire not fire. It's a legit utility. Our owners sometimes do on occasion send such things. As non-employees, TSF Staff are not informed so I can't answer properly, but if you're interested in the firewall, go directly to their site: https://www.glasswire.com rather than a link you received in case it's phishing.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 12-22-2015, 02:09 PM   #3
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

It came in the monthly news email, or whatever they call it now.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2015, 04:12 PM   #4
Registered Member

Thanks, it was my first now I'll know.. I did not like the sender's details that I saw so I wanted to be sure.
Old 12-23-2015, 02:28 AM   #5
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

If you don't want to receive any more newsletters, go to User CP (top right of page) and click Edit Options in the left column.

In the Messaging & Notification section, remove the tick from the 'Receive a monthly newsletter from Tech Support Forum' box, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the 'Save Changes' button.

Disable Social Media Buttons: adblockplus.org/en/features#socialmedia
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Password-flogging phishing tool pwns EVERY iOS Mail app
Password-flogging phishing tool pwns EVERY iOS Mail app • The Register
JMH3143 Computer Security News 0 06-10-2015 11:20 PM
Outlook 2013 Receives Youtube as Junk Mail
I sometimes reply to comments on Youtube. When users reply to those comments or answer my questions, I get emails to my junk mail with their replies. If I go on Youtube, I can see the replies.. but how do I get those emails to go to my Inbox. I already added the email that sends all the replies to...
Solidify Microsoft Office support 4 01-28-2014 10:05 AM
Junk Mail
My Mac Mail program does a decent job of filtering spam and junk, but every time I try to add custom rules for stuff it misses, I can neither delete junk mail (the option's greyed out) and all the stuff that it was earlier filtering not gets through. Read the help files and it seems pretty...
edgework Mac Support 3 06-11-2013 09:20 PM
Windows Live Mail won't start - get "Your calendar contains corrupt data" error
When trying to start Windows Live Mail I get an error message stating "Windows Live Mail could not be started. Closing Windows Live Mail. Your calendar contains corrupted data that is forcing WLM to close". The error number is 0800010105. I have researched this on the internet and found...
jferris33 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 0 11-07-2011 12:35 AM
My hotmail sending out junk mail to everyone whos at my friend list
Im sending out junk mail such as : Be lazy, double your cash Howdy! I have a story to share with you, its about a not known town single mother who lost her job in 2009 and found a way to make enough in 2010 to buy a house of her own for her kids. She was on the news a couple of times, but...
n22ritsapoiss Internet Explorer & Edge Forum 3 02-12-2011 10:20 AM