Go Back   Tech Support Forum > TSF Community Comments and More > Comments & Announcements

User Tag List

Solutions To Problems Clicking Links

This is a discussion on Solutions To Problems Clicking Links within the Comments & Announcements forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've noticed and have seen other posts where people are having trouble opening links due to new security policies. When

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 07:03 AM   #1
Registered Member

I've noticed and have seen other posts where people are having trouble opening links due to new security policies. When you click on a link you can go to the address bar and delete the S and it'll load. You can also copy the link address without the https and paste it in the address bar and it'll also load.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2018, 07:33 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

They are working on getting this sorted out, hopefully soon.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:17 AM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

Yeah it is getting really aggravating and to make it tougher to even spot occasionally links with "https" do open and I can't see what made them different.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2018, 01:26 PM   #4
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Copy and paste them then change the HTTPS to HTTP for now, the issue seems to be with sites not using HTTPS.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:42 PM   #5
Registered Member

I'm having the same problem with my personal start page. All of the sudden I have an https address so every time I go to search for something I get a popup that says that the information can be seen by 3rd parties blah blah blah. I'm trying now to get an SSL certificate.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Class not registered' error when searching or clicking links
I have had Windows 10 for a few days, mostly working well apart from one major issue. Every search from Cortana and a great many other links I click on produce the error 'class not registered'. I have used SFC and DISM. While some errors were found and fixed this has not resolved the problem,...
clayto Windows 10 Support 6 11-09-2015 05:21 AM
[SOLVED] How can I make IE 11 open links in new window not new tab?
I have Internet Explorer 11 with Windows 8.1. I can't make links open in a new window instead of a new tab. I have the "Open links from other programs" set to "in a new window". Although I have my Google Search Settings set to open links in a new window, IE 11 opens them in a new tab. I...
myrp Internet Explorer & Edge Forum 3 12-11-2014 08:04 PM
Problems with DirectDraw Acceleration and 3D
Hey guys, I was digging through my old games yesterday and decided id start playing Age of Empires 2 again however I couldn't get the graphics to display properly. I spent a few hours following solutions online and finally got it to work after installing an older version of Directx (9c) I also...
bobby3127 PC Gaming Support 3 10-13-2011 12:33 PM
Links problems in Safari
Hi, I paste a link in Safari,click enter and each time I have an error sound.:4-dontkno Windows 7 64 bits home premium
broncos64 Other Browsers 0 03-28-2011 08:15 PM
Problems, problems, problems..
Hello, I have a problem with my Wifi connection stability. My router is in another room and i cannot move it closer then 15 meters. Problem is that my internet connection is really unstable. It is a maximum of 12Mb/s. When i use it from 15 meters i get speeds up to 6Mb/s, but sometimes it drops...
raabish Networking Support 2 02-14-2011 07:48 AM