User Tag List

Signature

This is a discussion on Signature within the Comments & Announcements forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. OKay finally found the avatar thing. Which I cant say I dig. I had thought there was something wrong with

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 01:45 AM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Threesom666

OKay finally found the avatar thing. Which I cant say I dig. I had thought there was something wrong with my pc. First time I see such a harsh limit. But the signature? We cant have a signature either?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2017, 02:15 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

OS: WIN7 ULTIMATE - 64 bit (SP1), FIREFOX, ASUS G75 'ROG' laptop(s)

I forget what the rule is, but you have to have participated enough to reach a certain posting count before the 'signature' or 'avatar' options will be allowed for you. One of the admins will probably chime in with that 'magic number' shortly.

I found it frustrating at first myself, but I waited and contributed until all options were available. You can increase your posting count by participating in the more 'off-topic' posts in the forum:

Relax, sit back and enjoy your interactions here. Despite what some of the more active usernames here may indicate, we don't bite! We may nibble a little bit though....

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

"Remember - HARDWARE is the part of the computer that can be KICKED!" - WIZMO
Old 09-12-2017, 02:31 AM   #3
Registered Member

500 is the limit. lol. Some have as many posts as you and dont take advantage of it. Which I think its funny since some like me have a few posts but like the feature. WHen I read the thread it didnt specify for the signature. I guess it must be the same limit then.

Naw. Im straight. 500 is a lot post. I dont think I'll ever reach 100. Im not a big talker. I just think its a bit strange since almost all sites allow this but it could be seem like a cool priveldge. I'm okay with my scooby at least they allowed something. The preloaded ones arent all that bad. They do give a ton of options. I just wanted to be more expressive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2017, 05:12 AM   #4
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...es-186033.html all the info should be in the sticky above

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:08 PM   #5
Registered Member

I had missed the line at the bottom. As I suspected 500 for sigs. Quite a lot for a small line.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:12 PM   #6
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threesom666 View Post
I had missed the line at the bottom. As I suspected 500 for sigs. Quite a lot for a small line.
Not so much when you see what spammers call a sig.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:16 PM   #7
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Also when this place first started it was privately owned and I expect space might have been at a premium, so cluttering up the space with lots of added extras might not have been as feasible back then.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:58 PM   #8
Moderator, Editor, Articles Team

My System

Also, if you're going for it, as mentioned by Wizmo, you could join in with some of the forum games to boost your post count.

Forum Games and Jokes

Submit New Articles Here

Help us to help you by posting your System Specs
Old 09-12-2017, 09:23 PM   #9
Registered Member

Naw im straight deejaa. As common as it is for other sites and as much as I like it I dont ITS thats big of deal. I can live without that and the avatar. I'll stick with my scooby dooby doo!
Closed Thread