Go Back   Tech Support Forum > TSF Community Comments and More > Comments & Announcements

User Tag List

Security Center Rules Clarification

This is a discussion on Security Center Rules Clarification within the Comments & Announcements forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've used this site a few times over the last five years or so and would like some clarification on

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 05:58 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

I've used this site a few times over the last five years or so and would like some clarification on the rules in the "Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help" forum. It states that- "It is not our intent to repeatedly remove malware from the same member's machines", which I can entirely appreciate but I've been having a problem I'm not sure how to fix and before I try a different forum I'd like to know whether I could post about it here.

I have in the past, started two or three threads regarding malware removal, so as much as I'd like to ask for help again, I don't want to take advantage of the people who respond to these threads.
Would it be against the rules or rude to start another thread?

Edit: I should clarify that I'm not sure if the problem is a virus at all, but I think "Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help" is the most appropriate forum for me to post in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2014, 07:25 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

If you need to post there, post there. It is the experts there that decides whether or not to help. One thing though, I looked at some of your past posts and notice you do torrents. It is against the rules to help anyone who has torrent issues.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:57 AM   #3
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Post your thread, we cannot decide here only the security analysts make the call.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2014, 08:41 AM   #4
Moderator, Editor, Articles Team

My System

Hi,

As sobeit and Joe rightly said, ultimately, the decision will lie with the security section but perhaps I can clarify the rules part for you, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakhawaj View Post
"It is not our intent to repeatedly remove malware from the same member's machines"
If you remember the other times you was here, at the end of cleaning your system, some good advice would have been given. If it appears that you completely ignored advice which could save you from getting re-infected, they may refuse help.

Quote:
I have in the past, started two or three threads regarding malware removal, so as much as I'd like to ask for help again, I don't want to take advantage of the people who respond to these threads.
Would it be against the rules or rude to start another thread?
I'm assuming, when you say two or three threads, you mean at different sites. This is ok but when you get a response from one site, let the others know that you no longer require assistance. Of course, you should never post multiple threads about the same issue on any site.

Hope this helps.

Submit New Articles Here

Help us to help you by posting your System Specs
Old 07-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobeit View Post
If you need to post there, post there. It is the experts there that decides whether or not to help. One thing though, I looked at some of your past posts and notice you do torrents. It is against the rules to help anyone who has torrent issues.
Thanks for telling me, I must have missed that rule. I can see why people would be wary regarding torrents, they're useful for downloading and uploading large series of files though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeten View Post
Post your thread, we cannot decide here only the security analysts make the call.
Thank you, I will as soon as I get the opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deejay100six View Post
Hi,

As sobeit and Joe rightly said, ultimately, the decision will lie with the security section but perhaps I can clarify the rules part for you, at least.

If you remember the other times you was here, at the end of cleaning your system, some good advice would have been given. If it appears that you completely ignored advice which could save you from getting re-infected, they may refuse help.

I'm assuming, when you say two or three threads, you mean at different sites. This is ok but when you get a response from one site, let the others know that you no longer require assistance. Of course, you should never post multiple threads about the same issue on any site.

Hope this helps.
Thank you, that was helpful.

I just meant that I've made threads on this site before regarding malware removal. I haven't posted on other forums as I've found this one so helpful, which is why I wanted to use it again. :)
Old 07-14-2014, 09:32 AM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks for telling me, I must have missed that rule. I can see why people would be wary regarding torrents, they're useful for downloading and uploading large eries of files though.

in the rules under p2p