User Tag List

Forum Word Wrap

This is a discussion on Forum Word Wrap within the Comments & Announcements forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. How does on get the posts to word wrap? Some are so wide that I get a horizontal slider bar.

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 05:11 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

My System

How does on get the posts to word wrap? Some are so wide that I get a horizontal slider bar. It may be Chrome but this is the only forum that does this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2015, 05:55 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

It should automatically wrap the words, but sometimes it bugs out and does not do it.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:27 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Yup well its bugging out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2015, 05:40 AM   #4
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

In your User Control Panel>Edit Options>Leave IMAGE WIDTH AND IMAGE HEIGHT blank.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:26 AM   #5
Administrator
TSF Manager

OS: WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium SP2, Windows 10 Home x64

Which forum are you trying to view?? Does this problem exist forum-wide or only in a specific area??

Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help discourages using word wrap for submitting logs after running scan tools.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:47 AM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABL View Post
Which forum are you trying to view?? Does this problem exist forum-wide or only in a specific area??

Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help discourages using word wrap for submitting logs after running scan tools.
It is not consistent and not forum wide. When it happens again I will make a screen shot and post it here.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:07 AM   #7
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

An image in the thread that is wider than your screen will force the whole page to be wider than your screen. A really long text string, with no spaces or dashes can also cause the same problem.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:15 AM   #8
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post
An image in the thread that is wider than your screen will force the whole page to be wider than your screen. A really long text string, with no spaces or dashes can also cause the same problem.
Yes that is what is happening. I have never seen this issue on any other forum but then maybe no one has posted such a string on the other forums I belong to. Too bad that the software does not wrap by string length.

Here is an example that widens the entire thread page.
https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ml#post6773250
Old 11-30-2015, 11:13 AM   #9
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Yep, it's probably due to those 300+ long character strings. And it appears the forum is set to wrap those strings at a space, or a dash, or an ampersand. Possibly at any non-alpha-numeric character. If you press [Ctrl][-] a few times to zoom out far enough it to make the horizontal scroll bar disappear. You can also hold down the [Ctrl] key while you move the top of the mouse wheel back toward you to zoom out, or away from you to zoom in. Or press [Ctrl][+] a few times to zoom back in. (Works in most browsers).
Old 11-30-2015, 11:52 AM   #10
Administrator
TSF Manager

OS: WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium SP2, Windows 10 Home x64

That is the area I expected to see in regard to your query and is due to preference of our Security Staff.

Quote:
DO NOT Wrap the log using Quote or Code tags. (DO make sure notepad word-wrap is OFF)
Old 11-30-2015, 02:25 PM   #11
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

As above, it's normal. It also happens when someone posts a YouTube type video with an HTTPS address. We chage it to HTTP and it shrinks back to a normal page.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:49 PM   #12
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABL View Post
That is the area I expected to see in regard to your query and is due to preference of our Security Staff.
Yea I get it. It just hit me as an oops...whats going on moment.
Closed Thread