Go Back   Tech Support Forum > TSF Community Comments and More > Comments & Announcements

User Tag List

Can't open threads in Windows 7 support

This is a discussion on Can't open threads in Windows 7 support within the Comments & Announcements forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. It seems that I can't create a new thread for my problem in Windows 7 support, but I can post

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 09:11 AM   #1
Registered Member

It seems that I can't create a new thread for my problem in Windows 7 support, but I can post to other boards. I have been trying and trying. Why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2015, 09:38 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

What exactly happens when you try to create a new thread?

Old 09-06-2015, 10:36 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for your prompt reply!

Every time I try to create a new thread, after selecting "Post thread" my browser starts loading and after a few seconds the screen is blank (white) and nothing happens. If I reload, Chrome warns me about "form resubmission" - "The page that you're looking for used information you entered... Returning to that page might cause any action you took to be repeated." which usually appears when reloading after filling forms. Of course, when I continue and reload the page, the same thing happens, blank screen and repeat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2015, 10:43 AM   #4
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

See if it happens with a different browser. Give it up to a minute. Don't re-post. Allow cookies. Sometimes maintenance is being performed on the site on weekends. This can occasionally cause posting problems, only for a few minutes though.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:17 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corday View Post
See if it happens with a different browser. Give it up to a minute. Don't re-post. Allow cookies. Sometimes maintenance is being performed on the site on weekends. This can occasionally cause posting problems, only for a few minutes though.

Of course, I tried it with Firefox and it works normally! It's not the first time Chrome caused me problems but I really didn't think of it this time.

Thanks
Closed Thread