User Tag List

A new area?

This is a discussion on A new area? within the Comments & Announcements forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi guys, Sorry if i shouldn't post this here, i don't know where to post suggestions. I've been on the

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

Hi guys,

Sorry if i shouldn't post this here, i don't know where to post suggestions.

I've been on the forum a few months now and think their is a section missing which may be useful.

A general internet forum - not just referring to web browsers.

A few times a thread that i have made or have wanted to make I have either had to put in off-topic or not post at all because there was not a general internet section to ask it in.

For example, i asked a question about which shopping comparison site is recommended for me to get the best deals, this would be something for the general internet section.

What does everyone else think of this?

thanks for reading
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #2
Gone | Not Forgotten

Off line is is fine if you don't know were to post.. It may get moved but you will know about it.

The general membership can't answer what shopping place they like best because no knows what country you live in.

BG
Old 05-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

We get questions like that all the time in Hardware - Buliding

Building - Tech Support Forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
Articles Team
Alternative Computing

My System

It's not a bad idea, but the offline forum you can generally ask questions like that and still get a good reply.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:17 AM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

But a dedicated area would encourage more questions like it, therefore more forum activity.

There have been two occasions (i think) where i didn't even bother posting a thread which would have been best suited to a general internet section because of such a section not existing.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:06 AM   #6
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

That's why we have off line for any non technical questions

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:29 PM   #7
TSF Enthusiast

but the internet is still tech related
Old 05-21-2012, 05:52 AM   #8
Administrator
TSF Manager

OS: WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium SP2, Windows 10 Home x64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkid106 View Post
but the internet is still tech related
True......to some degree. But.......
Quote:
For example, i asked a question about which shopping comparison site is recommended for me to get the best deals, this would be something for the general internet section.
is not really tech related. There is nothing technical about comparison shopping.....this type of question is better suited for the Offline Forum or the specific forum that deals with what you are looking for. Looking for computer parts??.....post in the Building Forum found in our Hardware Section. DIY for your home or property??...post on the Home DIY Support. Automotive??....I think you get the idea.

IMO a General Internet forum is just too broad of an area to cover.....many posts will, more than likely, need to be moved to a forum that can handle the request in the most efficient way.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:56 AM   #9
TSF Enthusiast

Ok, thanks for reading anyway :)
Closed Thread