Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Upgrading RAM

This is a discussion on Upgrading RAM within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I'm about to go ahead and upgrade my late '13 27inch iMac from the default 8GB of RAM, to

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 09:41 AM   #1
mfmcgreal

My System

Hi,

I'm about to go ahead and upgrade my late '13 27inch iMac from the default 8GB of RAM, to the max 32GB, and I was just wondering which brand etc. is best/cheapest?

Kind Regards,

Martin

Nb. I'm a film editor, so the full 32GB is more than necessary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2015, 09:43 AM   #2
Moderator - Alternative Computing Team

My System

I usually buy my RAM from Crucial.com they sell quality hardware. Never had an issue in several decades of ordering from them now....

macsales.com is also another good place. I have not bought RAM from them... but have purchased other hardware.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:00 AM   #3
Troubled

My System

I agree with that Crucial is a great source with quality ram.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2015, 11:23 AM   #4
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

Me too for Crucial though GSkill is also Micron ram and equally good ram at better prices.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking into upgrading my Ram
So I've been looking into upgrading my Ram, I currently have 2x4gb slots of ram. I'm hoping to be able to upgrade one of these slots to 8GB Ram and keeping the second with just 4GB to give me 12GB until I can afford to purchases a second slot of 8GB. I'm using this motherboard currently and...
bell232 RAM and Power Supply Support 1 09-13-2015 10:47 AM
Quick question about finding some fast ram.
So recently I ordered an Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 (an update to the ASUS Sabertooth 990FX which got astounding reviews: 4 eggs over 777 reviews) as my current Asus board was smashed up when I shipped my tower (still waiting on UPS to come check it out for my damage claim but either way,...
constantgamer24 RAM and Power Supply Support 9 09-08-2012 12:31 PM
Upgrading HP Slimline (RAM and motherboard) and putting it all into a new case
I have an HP Slimline computer (this one), and am wanting to upgrade the RAM. Now, apparently the computer can't accept the amount I want to put in. So, I was thinking about upgrading the motherboard. But, the whole computer is so small and crammed inside, I don't know if it will accept any regular...
Olly88 Building 3 09-11-2011 10:48 PM
Help with upgrading my RAM
I own a emachines E640 laptop, the RAM is 1.7 GB i need 2 GB RAM to play Shogun 2 Total War. Can i use any RAM?, and do i install it because i dont have a clue what i am doing
Malfeon Laptop Support 1 04-11-2011 09:12 AM
Selecting RAM for your Laptop
Introduction: The type of RAM a laptop takes can usually be determined by what processor it has. The processor is always easy to tell, to find out, download a free utility called PC Wizard. This utility will tell you your information about your computer, including your CPU and its model number....
TheMatt Laptop Support 1 11-26-2006 11:25 AM