Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Unknown files on IMAC

This is a discussion on Unknown files on IMAC within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have found approximately two hundred files with sizes ranging from 4KB to 40KB in a cache folder. They were

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 10:07 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have found approximately two hundred files with sizes ranging from 4KB to 40KB in a cache folder. They were created in 2010 and 2011 on two days.
The file extension is .TN for all except two the have .ARC extension. I have found that the .ARC extension is connected to Norton.
Can I safely assume these were back up files and remove them from the system?
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2017, 01:59 PM   #2
Troubled

What is the path of your Cache folder? Which OS do you have?
Old 06-16-2017, 04:14 PM   #3
Registered Member

Running OS X EL capitan V 10.11.5 My post was in 2014 and I have forgotten how I uncovered these files of if they still exist. Given the lack of tools on the Apple systems I do not know if I can find them again.
Dave
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
infected with javaws.exe
i have 33 programs installed but task manager shows %100 usage with no programs running. there are so many instances of javaws.exe running i can't count them. when i googled it one of the possible ways to remove led me to a program that didn't even identify it. :banghead: i tried adaware and...
imchar Inactive Malware Help Topics 5 09-23-2015 02:56 PM
'File/ directory is corrupted and unreadable'
Good evening. When I start up I get a box that states 'the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable' of what looks like Windows Updater. So I followed the instructions and have posted two scripts to this message. However.. I was not successful in using DSS and GMER so I instead used RSIT...
whale_eyes Resolved HJT Threads 16 11-12-2014 05:01 AM
I just installed a program and now my browser keeps crashing...
I downloaded "Mipony" under the false pretense that it was a safe program. Now Google Chrome has some weird add-ins, but it also crashes within a minute of use. Whenever I try to type in a website, the URL also changes by itself to something else. Thank you in advance! DDS...
Sylvir Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 0 05-16-2013 10:11 PM
Selection Links
Hi, I've ended up with Selection Links attached to Google Chrome. I've tried to remove it in the usual, low-tech savvie ways and it's not worked. It is not listed in the Programs and Features/Uninstall a Program section of the Control Tab. Under Chrome Extensions, it is listed but...
mthwrd Resolved HJT Threads 42 04-05-2013 06:36 PM
[SOLVED] File/Folder Issues
So last night my computer had some virus or something called "Windows Fix Disk" which deleted all of my files and folders or maybe it hid them I am not sure. I used a systemrestore from about 2-3 days ago. Now I am having issues with folders/files. All of my favorites do not show up In my...
jts1992 Resolved HJT Threads 17 04-17-2011 08:44 PM