Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Two PDF Files To Print Off / One Successful / Other Not ???

This is a discussion on Two PDF Files To Print Off / One Successful / Other Not ??? within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My Son had sent me an email with 2 PDF File Attachments asking to be Printed Off.. 1st PDF File

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 08:51 AM   #1
Registered Member

My Son had sent me an email with 2 PDF File Attachments asking to be Printed Off.. 1st PDF File was Successfully Printed Off. 2nd PDF File , you could bring up and see what was in the PDF File to Print Off .. Once you gave the Command to Print , Printer was Found and Color or Black & White was chosen.. Indicator showing what the Printer See's (Blank) same for the rest of the pages in the PDF File..

The How Come & Why Of It ?? If one was successful , why not the other.. All I can think of, the original sender had filled in my Son's name , phone # , email address .. He was to fill in the rest.. I'm thinking this action may have created the Road Block as the Form was not Blank ?? Thoughts & Opinions Appreciated, Can I get around this somehow ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2016, 08:57 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Before going to deeply into this, have him send the 2nd file again. I'm assuming you were able to open it.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:53 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corday View Post
Before going to deeply into this, have him send the 2nd file again. I'm assuming you were able to open it.
Yep, I originally tried going through my Gmail Acct. to No Avail.. At that time Both PDF's wouldn't respond .. Switched to my iPad email app, 1st PDF was successfully printed off.. Yes I can Open the 2nd PDF in the email, but that is as far as I can get with any measure of success.. Following the links to Print Off 2nd PDF, the Window showing what the Printer see's is (Blank).. Stumped Why One would be successful and the Other Not .. When Both PDF's came from the same App Source Original Sender Used..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2016, 09:57 AM   #4
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Make sure you're not trying to print 2 pages to one sheet. In fact, recheck all printer options.

Old 11-11-2016, 02:32 PM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Save the PDF documents to your desktop or download location. Open the Saved PDF that wouldn't print, then go File/Print.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:05 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunk.funk View Post
Save the PDF documents to your desktop or download location. Open the Saved PDF that wouldn't print, then go File/Print.

Unfortunately we are WiFi and iPads Only in this Household..
Old 11-11-2016, 04:43 PM   #7
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

My System

Can't you save to a file?

Old 11-11-2016, 05:12 PM   #8
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

It doesn't matter if you are WiFi or Ethernet cable or if just an iPad, you can still Save your document