Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Transferring Fonts

This is a discussion on Transferring Fonts within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I'm attempting to transfer my fonts folder from my home iMac, to a works MacBook Pro. I attempted the

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 07:48 AM   #1
mfmcgreal

My System

Hi,

I'm attempting to transfer my fonts folder from my home iMac, to a works MacBook Pro. I attempted the transfer the other day, and the results weren't pretty .. The system font on the MacBook Pro suddenly changed, and the entire system began to freeze/flash, resulting it in being sent off for repairs .. (the MacBook Pro wasn't in great shape to begin with, to be fair, so difficult to tell if the freezing/flashing was a result of copying fonts over)

Understandably I'm now reluctant to repeat the same process, worried the same results may occur again - but I do need the fonts folder copying across for work.

I understand there's two fonts folder in Macintosh HD? Is it possible I transferred the fonts - which btw, I didn't merge with the existing fonts folder, but replaced - into the incorrect fonts folder?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2016, 07:58 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Funny, I just added a few fonts to my wife's PC yesterday because she wanted more Script options. Anyway on a Mac: Copy>Home Folder/Library/FontCollections>Put in same place on the Macbook. Make sure Font Book is not opened.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] fonts
I'm having trouble with fonts in firefox 31.7.0 running under KDE, primarily on this site. Konquerer and Chromium both render fine, but firefox presents fonts that are almost as clear as old style dotmatrix printing in fast mode. I've adjusted font settings and different fonts, even...
kendallt Mozilla/Firefox Browsers 4 10-01-2015 12:09 AM
Blurry website fonts in IE10
I searched for this issue and wasn't able to find a thread on it, so I apologize if there already is one. I recently updated to Windows 8, which auto upgraded me to IE10. Ever since the upgrade, website fonts have appeared slightly blurry. It's not drastic, but is harsh on the eyes. Fonts in...
enragingsilver Internet Explorer & Edge Forum 3 11-13-2012 04:48 PM
[SOLVED] Window manager fonts messed up
I somehow ???? was moving my mouse when suddenly the terminal fonts and window fonts got so hosed up I nearly lost it. I have managed to reset the terminal fonts but the Window Manager fonts just won't change. I even tried setting them to the smallest and that has no effect. I have toolbars...
geosman Linux Support 8 10-10-2012 02:54 PM
Ez to create fonts
Earlier this week I installed on my WIN7 PC ,” Geek Fonts for Christmas” from www.eztocreate.com/ as recommended in Cached - Similar the “Kim Komando” news letter. The installation was smooth and painless. Now, however, when I use Word from my MS Office suite 2007 I find that all is not well and...
eddie460 Microsoft Office support 2 12-09-2011 01:37 PM