Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Thunderbolt bridge

This is a discussion on Thunderbolt bridge within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello everybody, I am currently trying to connect/VPN to my company network with my MAC. I'm using a thunderbolt cable

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 12:20 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello everybody,

I am currently trying to connect/VPN to my company network with my MAC. I'm using a thunderbolt cable to connect to the internet. It's currently not connecting. I already tried changing my dns settings. I verified that i have the right FQDN and IP address. but it still won't connect. doesn't anybody have any ideas for me to use.

Thanks
Steven
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2017, 12:21 PM   #2
Moderator - Alternative Computing Team

My System

Are you able to get on the "Normal" internet when you are not trying to use the VPN?
Old 03-30-2017, 12:25 PM   #3
Registered Member

Yes. I have no problems connecting to the internet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2017, 12:30 PM   #4
Moderator - Alternative Computing Team

My System

OK then it is not a internet problem, OS problem, or hardware problem. It is likely a VPN client configuration problem.

I would suggest contacting your companies help desk and request assistance in configuring your VPN. This is all going to be specific to how your company has setup their VPN and we are not going to be able to provide help as the configuration settings will be specific to your companies set up and not "General" answers.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:31 PM   #5
Registered Member

ok. thank you. i will contact my helpdesk.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows error BSOD 0x999999f Driver_Power_State_Failure
Levono G585 1218 Windows 8 upgraded to 8.1 When the laptop is powered on all I get is the Levono splash screen and the circle going round for a long time and then the blue screen indicating the error message and a screen with three options; Press Enter to try to start again. Press F8 for...
scopio Windows 8, 8.1 Support 0 02-20-2015 05:36 PM
[SOLVED] After pressing some key combo, I boot into emergency mode
I use Fedora 20. After pressing ctrl-alt-some function key, I entered emergency mode. Now every time I boot my computer, I enter emergency mode before I enter the normal OS. When I enter the normal OS there are no problems. How do I disable the auto-boot into emergency mode?
jengelhart Linux Support 26 07-25-2014 04:12 PM
Computer won't post BIOS
I have a friends old PC and was reinstalling XP at their request as they've had trouble and thought it might help. I formatted, reinstalled XP and then restarted after installing the drivers which were missing. After the restart I was unable to install any virus software, and after about five...
gemmers Motherboards, Bios & CPU 5 10-10-2013 03:17 PM
[SOLVED] Do I still have a trojan?
I posted this thread before but didn't post any logs: https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/no-scanners-can-find-anything-do-i-still-have-a-trojan-626780.html here is my log: . DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) - NTFSAMD64 Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16421 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_26 Run...
kkid106 Resolved HJT Threads 57 02-06-2012 10:21 AM