Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Slimjet browser extensions

This is a discussion on Slimjet browser extensions within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Slimjet will not accept extensions that have been added from a packed .crx installer. It seems that the extension has

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 12:30 PM   #1
Registered Member

Slimjet will not accept extensions that have been added from a packed .crx installer. It seems that the extension has to be installed from chrome.google.com/webstore. What is the difference? Is there some flag that is set somewhere in the profile that tells the browser that the extension was not installed from the webstore? Why is there a built-in facility for packing add-ons if they are to be disabled on restart? Themes will be installed from .crx files without a problem.
One extra thing - an extension called GrabCRX will make a .crx file from the webstore page that will be accepted. What is it doing that the packer in Slimjet is not doing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2019, 03:32 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

These are the extensions you can addon to slimjet https://www.slimjet.com/en/extension-compatibility.php
Old 03-03-2019, 08:58 AM   #3
Registered Member

But that was not what I asked, and Slimjet should be able to use any extension from the chrome webstore (theroetically - some work better than others). But what is it about things coming directly from the webstore that makes them acceptable?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2019, 12:48 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Quote:
what is it about things coming directly from the webstore that makes them acceptable?
Why don't you post your question it their Forum which is specifically targeted to their browser? https://www.slimjet.com/en/forum/
Old 03-04-2019, 09:18 AM   #5
Registered Member

For some reason, they would not send me an authenticating email, which is needed before I can post anything there. I am listed there as registered, but I cannot post anything.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:18 PM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Did you confirm your registration by typing the text of the 3rd menu item in Slimjet main menu:
Old 03-04-2019, 09:18 PM   #7
Registered Member

Yes I did.
Old 03-10-2019, 02:43 PM   #8
Registered Member

I finally managed to join the Slimjet forum, but nobody there had answers for me.
Closed Thread