Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

setting up VPN connection via network settings

This is a discussion on setting up VPN connection via network settings within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. We've got a VPN setup to a workplace network and I am currently using NCP Secure Entry Client to connect..

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 06:50 AM   #1
Registered Member

We've got a VPN setup to a workplace network and I am currently using NCP Secure Entry Client to connect.. that's how the other admin set it up.
I just imported the profile and I am able to connect..

I was trying to setup the connection directly from Mac, but I do have some issues.

I am basically just taking all the settings from the NCP client profile..

Server address and account name.. password left blank and under auth settings entered the shared secret.

There's no more settings I can add or change really, but the connection is not successful.

Am I doing something wrong ?
Anybody using the in-built IPsec VPN ?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to set up a VPN connection to access limited network resources only?
We install equipment run by a PLC with remote access facilities. Ordinarily there is a dedicated internet connection to our equipment so it's an easy case of setting up a router with a VPN connection. In this case, the customer already has a connection they want to use which serves a business...
Twylks Networking Support 1 07-03-2013 01:07 AM
Wireless Router Connecting Issue
Hi! I need help here regarding connecting to wifi router connection. After providing the correct security key for network I'm still not able to connect to the wi-fi. I'm using windows 7 sp1. No antivirus is installed. Windows firewall is in off condition. I use windows troubleshooting...
lionhawk Networking Support 3 04-23-2013 09:24 AM
problem with wireless adapter or access point windows 7
Details about network adapter diagnosis: Network adapter Wireless Network Connection driver information: Description . . . . . . . . . . : Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter Manufacturer . . . . . . . . . : Ralink Technology, Corp. Provider . . . . . . . . . . . : Ralink...
munaj.mursheed Networking Support 4 11-21-2011 02:54 PM
[SOLVED] Mozilla or Internet Explorer just wont let me go on websites!
Hi i have an annoying issue were Mozilla or Internet explorer just won let me go on websites, it tries to load them but comes up with differant excuses like not responding or no connection to website. Yet if you run the same website through a proxy it works, so the site's arnt down. Even with...
Morgiee101 Networking Support 36 11-02-2011 10:16 AM