Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

SeaMonkey 2.46 has no mimetypes.rdf?

This is a discussion on SeaMonkey 2.46 has no mimetypes.rdf? within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I just removed mimetypes.rdf from my SeaMonkey profile because there is some outdated stuff in there from before I updated

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 01:30 PM   #1
Registered Member

I just removed mimetypes.rdf from my SeaMonkey profile because there is some outdated stuff in there from before I updated Mac OS (to 10.11). It was not replaced when I started up again. The old irrelevant java plugins are still listed in Preferences > Browser > Helper Applications. What has replaced mimetypes.rdf, and how do I clear out references to java? Why are applications no longer listed in Helper Applications? The associations of applications with other types of files which do not use plugins are still present on my system. Are websites no longer allowing the use of helper applications, or what?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SeaMonkey add ons ?
I can not seem to get the SeaMonkey add ons to work dose it work with SeaMonkey get back to me please
sportman13 Windows 10 Support 12 11-24-2015 07:15 PM
HTML5 & media.autoplay.enabled in SeaMonkey
Why does SeaMonkey keep setting media.autoplay.enabled to true whenever I restart it or launch it? I read some advice about controlling HTML5 which recommended setting that to false. It does not seem to do the job anyway, but I have modified an extension to toggle that setting and I always see...
Anonymosity Mozilla/Firefox Browsers 0 02-27-2014 02:30 PM
[SOLVED] Change preference window size - Seamonkey
How do I change the size of the preferences window in Seamonkey? For Firefox, this is supposed to work, but it does nothing for Seamonkey. #BrowserPreferences {width: 990px !important; height: 700px !important;} What is the equivalent element for Seamonkey?
Anonymosity Mozilla/Firefox Browsers 2 08-28-2013 12:38 AM
New Java update coflict with SeaMonkey
OS: Vista 64 SeaMonkey 1.1.16 I just updated Java and now get almost constant and repeating error msgs that this version of Java requires a newer version of Firefox. I do not have ANY version of Firefox on my system. There are three different repeating msgs and one of them warns that my...
Kenjithai Mozilla/Firefox Browsers 1 04-13-2011 02:55 PM