Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Reset Admin Password OS 10.6.8

This is a discussion on Reset Admin Password OS 10.6.8 within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello all, I have recently acquired a Macbook Pro laptop running MacOS 10.6.8. System Specs: Operating System: Mac OS X

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 03:05 PM   #1
Registered Member

OS: Ubuntu 14.04, Lubuntu 16.04, Mint 17.3 and CentOS 6.6

Hello all,

I have recently acquired a Macbook Pro laptop running MacOS 10.6.8.

System Specs:
Operating System: Mac OS X (version 10.6.8)
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

I am attempting to install software on the laptop and repeatedly encounter the need for the administrative password. I have contacted the original owner of the laptop and they can't remember their password. In addition, they can not seem to find the original operating system installation discs.
Upon repeated attempts at supplying guesses to the administrative password, the system will display a hint: No Password Set

In the absence of the installation media, is their a way to reset the administrative password
on this laptop?

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2019, 04:33 PM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitex59 View Post

... repeatedly encounter the need for the administrative password. I have contacted the original owner of the laptop and they can't remember their password.

Tech Support Forum Rules & Conduct
Quote:
TSF RULES - QUICK REFERENCE
  • You may not ask for assistance to circumvent restrictions or security on any computer system ...
Closed Thread