Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Question regarding EXTERNAL SOUND

This is a discussion on Question regarding EXTERNAL SOUND within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi guys, I've recently been working on a hackintosh system, so far Ive gotten everything up and running apart from

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 10:36 PM   #1
dm1
Registered Member

Hi guys,

I've recently been working on a hackintosh system, so far Ive gotten everything up and running apart from sound.

I'm using Yosemite 10.10.5

This question bears no relation to the fact this computer is a hackintosh, I was just mentioning it.

Basically I am considering buying an external DAC (Audioengine D1.) Which 'bypasses the computer sound card' which is where I am having issues. Would this work?

Headphones -->DAC-->USB in to computer.

I might add that in sound options (in OS X) there are no input or output devices available even though I have tried plugging in headphones / speakers.

Or because I can get no sound working from the PC in the first place will this not work? Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2016, 11:17 PM   #2
Moderator, Editor, Articles Team

My System

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

I'm afraid we cannot assist in any regard to anything Hackintosh related.

Please read here >> https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...sh-130328.html

Thread closed.

Submit New Articles Here

Help us to help you by posting your System Specs
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
External Storage questions
Hi guys, I have 3 TB of data that I want to back up on 2-3 Hard Disks externally and make 2-3 copies of the same data on separate Hard Discs. So basically I plan to buy 2-3 (maybe 4 eventually) internal Hard Disks and put them in External Enclosure with 2 or 4 bays, so I can put minimum 2 and...
we3fan Hard Drive Support 13 11-02-2015 08:38 AM
A question about sound cards.
Greetings, I'm likely going to be obtaining a sound card soon to go along with a razer tiamat when it comes out. I was wondering if a sound card would allow me to put two programs using audio on two separate channels. I am curious of this for the purpose of recording in game footage without mumble...
hitotsu Sound Cards 4 02-01-2012 01:37 AM
Sound swtiches from external to internal speakers
For the last few days, my laptop has been randomly switching from outputting sound from external speakers, to outputting it from internal speakers. All of the cords are plugged in properly (power cords, headphone jack) and everything looks fine. It's getting rather annoying, as it happens randomly,...
pl1324 Sound Cards 1 05-18-2011 05:16 PM
What happens if I suddenly unplug the external sound card from the USB slot?
Hi, I have an external sound card connected via USB to my laptop. It works well. If I were to disconnect it while the laptop is on, would the sound card or the laptop be damaged? I am asking because sometimes, when I have to move somewhere else with my laptop, I turn it off, disconnect the...
ionitacornell Sound Cards 3 01-04-2011 03:00 PM
External sound card or a different device?
Not sure if it is a external sound card or a different device that will do the functions I am looking for. I am building a home HI-FI stereo and using my computer as the preamp. I will be using the CD player and win amp to play all my music and watch movies. To create the best sound I...
rentonhighlands Sound Cards 16 01-03-2011 10:52 AM