Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

port closed yet Transmission works !

This is a discussion on port closed yet Transmission works ! within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi all ! since i had earlier used the the "Transmission" torrent donwload client with ubuntu and quite liked it,

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 08:09 AM   #1
Registered Member

hi all !
since i had earlier used the the "Transmission" torrent donwload client with ubuntu and quite liked it, i installed it when i recently shifted to the mac OS.
now while i have been able to download successfully, while checking out the settings i noticed that the port is closed !
i am perplexed because in the past i have never been able to connect whenever the port was closed (i.e. with windows or with ubuntu).
now the few files i downloaded did take quite some time to complete. so i am just wondering if this has something to do with the fact that port is closed and yet the downloads are working.
my laptop is the usual MBP 13 inch that i got 2 months ago.
thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired

OS: Mac OS X 10.8.5, MS Win 7 Pro & Ultimate, iOS 9.3.5

My System

Send a message via AIM to sinclair_tm Send a message via MSN to sinclair_tm

Please read the rules. We do not help with torrent apps.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lag in Dragon Age: Origins
I have Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition for the PC. My PC surpasses the minimum requirements for the game and it runs really well for about an hour until it begins to get really sluggish. Around this point the loading times will increase and the frame rate will drop. What would cause that? ...
AndyJP PC Gaming Support 9 01-30-2011 06:47 AM
No Sound Problem !!!
I have problem with no sound on my PC. It began after restarting. When I go to Device manager > Sound , video and game controllers I see yellow warning sign and when click on it ___Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)___...
damjanes Driver Support 8 01-21-2011 04:32 AM
Need help getting rid of HKI virus.
I am trying to help my brother get rid o f the HKI virus on his desktop (running Win XP SP3), I have run ComboFix.exe and need guidance on what to do next. Below is the log from ComboFix: ComboFix 11-01-15.01 - joshua 01/16/2011 9:39.1.2 - x86 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition ...
RussellR Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 1 01-19-2011 05:38 PM