Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Pink screen on Mac computer.

This is a discussion on Pink screen on Mac computer. within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I inherited a Mac from a friend who bought a new one and trying to get it going it won`t

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 04:32 PM   #1
Registered Member

OS: Vista service pack 2 Avast Pro, and also Malawarebytes premium.

I inherited a Mac from a friend who bought a new one and trying to get it going it won`t go out of the pink screen .. everything works ok on it but just has a fuzzy pink screen any one got any ideas why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2019, 06:06 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Quote:
I inherited a Mac from a friend
What kind of Mac? Macbook? Macbook Pro? iMac? (desktop) Mac Pro? (desktop tower)
If a Macbook or iMac, did you try hooking it up to an external Monitor? If you get the same results then the Video chip is failing and the Motherboard/Logic Board needs replacing. If it works with an external monitor, then you need to replace the screen.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:02 PM   #3
Registered Member

OS: Vista service pack 2 Avast Pro, and also Malawarebytes premium.

Smile

Hi Spunk,funk,,
Meant to pop what type of apple its a imac A1224 desktop type .. thanks for your answer .. hope this helps..
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] help!!!! guy gone crazy with bluscreans!!!:@:@
i have an intel dh55hc motherboard in my pc i built my pc during summertime and at that time i got the patriot ram ... the whole stock had problems .. (they work with onestick bt the pc wont boot with 2 sticks) so i had a stick of 2gigs of that ram .. then i upgraded it with a kingston ram ..and...
avok95 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 21 11-17-2013 06:14 AM
USB blue screen computer crash.
So I am currently running windows XP. I am running it on a gaming computer. I have a total of 4 USB ports. Two in front, two in back. The problem originally started with the two in front. Plugging any sort of USB device, be it a controller, flash drive, or even just a simple connector for...
Evray Other Hardware Support 4 09-27-2012 04:17 PM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM