Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need a program to simply convert the audio in mp4 files to mp3

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  sinclair_tm 
#1 ·
I know there’re many such programs, but too complicated. I need to choose between many different Profiles, which confuse me a lot. I just need to convert mp4 files downloaded to mp3, so I can play them with my mp3 player on my way to company. Who can recommend me such a program, can output mp3 files and no complicated functions?

#5 ·
Hi and welcome to TSF,
Try dBpoweramp

**edit** Sorry, I didn't notice this thread was in the Mac forum. The program only works in a Windows environment.
I know this program it's pretty nice:wink:
BTW I'm running (well, I WAS actually running) it on my Mac via Parallels. But it's not logical to install Parallels only to run media converter, that's why Mac-version is optimal:laugh:

#3 ·
well, there's a great free app just for this. i bet its even on you mac right now already. its called....

iTunes!

just goto the preferences, select the advanced tab at the top, then the import under that, and set it to use mp3s. now control click on a song in the itunes list, and select convert selection to mp3, and it will convert the song to mp3. works will all audio files that quicktime supports. and with plug ins, even files qt doesn't support, like ogg.

#4 ·
MP4 to MP3 Converter in MP4Converter.net (just for Windows) is easy to use, I thought its function is too simple, but it happens to be the one u need, u can free download and try it.
My friend always uses MP4 Converter, Mac version and Windows version, with comprehensive functions, but she said it’s also easy-to-use, if u work under Mac, u may want to consider this program, maybe a good choice for u

#8 ·
and mp3 is an mp3, doesn't matter what player you'll put it on. itunes will only put songs onto an ipod by itself. but if its the kind of player where you just need to put mp3s into a certain folder for it to play them, then all you have to do after itunes makes mp3s out of the mp4s is to drag the mp3 version of the song from the itunes window to the folder on the music player and it will copy the song to that folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.