Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

My mac won't restore

This is a discussion on My mac won't restore within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I tried resetting my Mac by going to the recovery mode and now it is not working. I erased the

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 06:13 PM   #1
Registered Member

I tried resetting my Mac by going to the recovery mode and now it is not working. I erased the my Macintosh thing in the disk manager but now when I went to reinstall it on the reinstall OS X it pops up and says could not find installation information for this machine. Then when I restart because I couldn't do this it popped up as the black screen with a white in it. What do I need to do to just get it to a working Mac?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2015, 03:06 AM   #2
Registered Member

Hey you can restore your Mac with time machine. Simply restore from time machine set your preference and restore your Mac
Old 11-30-2015, 03:46 AM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Time Machine works great if you created a backup with Time Machine previously. If not and you are online, Restart the Mac and hold the Command Key+R to enter the Recovery Mode. Here on the Toolbar under Utilities run Disk Utilities on the Mac HDD. And Verify the Disk, and Fix if necessary, then Verify Permissions and Fix if needed.
You can also boot the Mac and hold the Options key. This will give you the Startup Disk, you can select the online Recovery drive to reinstall.