Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

MBP Hangs on Boot Screen Loading Bar

This is a discussion on MBP Hangs on Boot Screen Loading Bar within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Running 10.10.5. Computer turns on, starts the loading process, but gets stuck about a third of the way up. It

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 11:41 PM   #1
Registered Member

Running 10.10.5. Computer turns on, starts the loading process, but gets stuck about a third of the way up. It can use recovery mode, but not safe mode. I've tried repairing the disk and its permissions. File Vault isn't on, so I can't turn off drive encryption. I've tried disabling the wireless through terminal and restarting, which doesn't make it work either.

At this point I'm just hoping for a solution that doesn't require reformatting.

Specs:
MacBook Pro 13" Mid-2012:
CPU - Intel i7-3520M @ 2.9GHz
RAM - 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
Graphics - Intel HD 4000
Storage - 128GB SSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2015, 02:21 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Try resetting the NVRAM: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063
Old 08-30-2015, 03:00 AM   #3
Registered Member

Sorry. I should have mentioned I tried resetting that and the SMC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2015, 10:49 AM   #4
Registered Member

Another thing I feel I should mention: when the loading bar gets stuck, the mouse appears and if I press buttons I get the false input noise. This makes it seem to me like it's completed loading but it just won't show the desktop.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:15 PM   #5
Registered Member

I decided to just make a disk image on an external drive so I wouldn't lost my stuff, then format the drive and reinstall OSX. I updated my recovery partition to 10.10.3 a couple months ago so I wasn't too far behind.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blue Screens on Boot
Hey guys... I've been trying unsuccessfully to solve some BSODs that have been showing up on a 32 bit Windows Vista Home Premium Dell Inspiron 1545 here. It can boot up in safe mode, but in normal mode it gets to the desktop briefly and then immediately blue screens and restarts. I used...
niko381 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 11 06-17-2015 08:08 PM
Random BSOD and auto shutdown/ restart
I notice the BSOD trend to happen frequently when I have video/ flash running. I'm suspecting it to be a video/graphic card problem? Please help me to identify the problem. Thanks!
BSOD-loves-me BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 4 03-03-2012 02:36 PM
Black Screen After Windows Loading and Reset Buttons Stops Working
Here is My Problem: No Beeps or any Sound (I don't know my internal speaker working or not, It should be working as i have rarely got any problems, but this problem is huge). Usually i'm able to troubleshoot my problems but this one showing No Sign of errors or warnings like beeps or bod!!! ...
crashnburn Other Hardware Support 1 06-26-2011 11:28 PM
Windows Vista wont load. Stuck at a blank screen after the OS loading bar
Hey everybody. A little while ago, I updated my Dell XPS M1530 laptop NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS graphics card and the next day, the display was all blue with horizontal lines going through it. There was sound, but that's all what I was seeing. I turned it on and off again and again but to no avail. I...
Vrael Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 0 01-07-2011 08:26 AM
[SOLVED] Vista stuck at loading screen
Recently my Computer won't start because it gets stuck at the loading bar of vista... the bar just keeps going and going but nothing loads. At first it just happened like rarely and a reset would help but now the computer doesn't pass the loading screen at all Now it always asks me how I want...
crimsongod Motherboards, Bios & CPU 5 01-05-2011 08:45 AM