Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

MacBook Pro Retina 2012 - Intermittent power on issues - Need help please

This is a discussion on MacBook Pro Retina 2012 - Intermittent power on issues - Need help please within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. No rhyme or identifiable reason for this to keep happening. MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.6 Macbook Pr (Retina, Mid 2012) Processor

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 06:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

No rhyme or identifiable reason for this to keep happening.

MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.6
Macbook Pr (Retina, Mid 2012)
Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core I7
8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics - Intel HD 4000 1536mb
15.4' Display - Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB Graphics

1 - Randomly my CPU would start overheating and crash.
1a) It was due to mdsStore constantly running. I was unable to stop this using the typical methods like selecting folders and drives to prevent spotlight from indexing. I ended up having to completely disengage spotlight. Since then, the MDS Store issues have been resolved but spotlight is unusable. I am ok with this.

2 - My Mac will refuse to boot up CONSTANTLY! The keyboard will illuminate but no apple logo on the screen and screen remains black. It takes anywhere from 5 - 20 attempts at restarting the Mac for it to go through the startup process. Once it does startup it typically remains on and fully functional (outside of the spotlight feature being completely deactivated). I have tried resetting the ESM & other resets I've found online but still it fixes nothing. Below is the error I got today from when my Mac wouldn't boot and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to fix this. I can't afford to buy another computer and really need this...... Please, any help would be greatly appreciated. I have also included another crash report from August 19th that was generated when the Mac refused to restart or power on.It looks like the same exact issue but I can't figure it out.

Anonymous UUID: F854139A-D6A8-924E-9928-FA3472418675
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Aug 19 Crash.pdf (36.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: pdf October 15 Crash.pdf (32.8 KB, 5 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2019, 03:02 PM   #2
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired

OS: Mac OS X 10.8.5, MS Win 7 Pro & Ultimate, iOS 9.3.5

My System

Send a message via AIM to sinclair_tm Send a message via MSN to sinclair_tm

My guess is it's a graphics issue, either the GPUs are going bad or the drivers got corrupted. My guess is the hardware is going bad, which means there isn't much of a fix for you.
Closed Thread