Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Mac will turn on for a few secs then turn off

This is a discussion on Mac will turn on for a few secs then turn off within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So I bought a new computer for school in september and I've had it for four months now. Its a

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
Registered Member

So I bought a new computer for school in september and I've had it for four months now. Its a macbook pro, and has lion installed. A few days ago I upgraded itunes, since it wanted to do an upgrade. So I let it run and then it needed to restart the computer.

I later come back and see that that computer hadn't turned back on. So turn it on and the screen does not show anything. Its just blank, as it it wasn't turned on. The sleeping light on the front of the mac is on, and I can hear the fans and what I think is the optical drive running. This lasts for about 3-4 secs, then the sleeping light starts flashing and then the computer completely turns off. I know that something is working since when I put my hand over the webcam the sleeping light will get dimmer since there is less light.

I have no idea what's happened. I know something is working, due to the reaction of the sleeping light on the front, but the computer just wont turn on. Thankfully I have everything backed up on an external hard drive. Please help me, I need to be able to use this computer when I go back to school.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #2
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired

OS: Mac OS X 10.8.5, MS Win 7 Pro & Ultimate, iOS 9.3.5

My System

Send a message via AIM to sinclair_tm Send a message via MSN to sinclair_tm

Being so new, take it to Apple for a free fix.
Closed Thread