Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Mac OS X is infected by malwar

This is a discussion on Mac OS X is infected by malwar within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My Mac OS X 10.6.8 is infected by malware and unfortunately my computer is to old for adware medic to

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 02:22 AM   #1
Registered Member

My Mac OS X 10.6.8 is infected by malware and unfortunately my computer is to old for adware medic to work, Firefox is being really complicated it won't even let me go to troubleshooting page, and in the middle of Firefox there is a white box with gray strip that has a small white square and ? box. I have gone and shut off all pop up have activity monitor running and no box in it. Safari now has slidding bars at top and bottom from flashmail. I have turned off flashmail as well as told my Mac not to allow it back but it still shows up. I have emptied and reset Safari as well as Firefox. Mac keeper has been doing scans but unable to got rid of the threats. I have little snitch but no idea how to read it and there manule isn't very helpful. Need help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2015, 01:12 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

How to remove Mac malware (for free) - How to - Macworld UK Here are some suggestions. For extreme infection, you may need to reinstall Mac OSX

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XP Security 2011/Java-CVE-2010/Cycbot Removal
Hey, everybody. Here's the lowdown: A couple of months ago my sister accidentally sent me the XP Security 2011 virus in a .JPG attached to her e-mail. (I know it was her, alas, as that's how she caught the exact same virus.) I took my PC to a local computer company and paid good money to...
KeithEKimball Resolved HJT Threads 20 08-15-2011 03:34 PM
Logs for pervious topic !
Ok heres the logs i got from malwarebytes Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.1.1800 www.malwarebytes.org Database version: 7304 Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421 28/07/2011 01:05:23 mbam-log-2011-07-28 (01-05-23).txt Scan type: Quick scan Objects scanned: 45864
scottyd2k9 Inactive Malware Help Topics 11 08-11-2011 06:51 AM
Laptop barely works, can't access task manager
No access to a Windows install disc or a boot CD Computer takes way too long to start. Takes way too long to restart and shut down. The internet shuts off after a couple of hours and I have to restart the computer. Pop-up keeps appearing even when a web page isn't open....
BalloonBottle Resolved HJT Threads 21 07-25-2011 02:36 PM
Windows 7 Recovery Problem
Hello, I first got this about a month ago as "Win 7 2011 Security Alert" which wouldn't let me open internet explorer, disabled malwarebytes and caused general chaos. I managed to get malware bytes open by running an antivirus scan (Panda) and then malware bytes could update and detect/remove...
RichieFth Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 21 04-28-2011 01:08 PM