Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Loss of internet connectivity

This is a discussion on Loss of internet connectivity within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a second generation Macbook Air with 4GB RAM running OSX 10.9.5. Yesterday it suddenly became unable to access

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 09:43 PM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

I have a second generation Macbook Air with 4GB RAM running OSX 10.9.5.
Yesterday it suddenly became unable to access the internet.
On my home LAN (2 Macs and 2 Win PCs and a Time Capsule) it can see the other computers both with WiFi and with the USB-ethernet adapter. But it cannot get through to the internet on either WiFi or ethernet. All the other computers on the network have no difficulty connecting to the internet. Rebooting the computer or the router/modem/Time Capsule does not help.
The WiFi shows good signal strength both on my home network and on a couple commercial Wifi networks nearby, so It's not a problem of the WiFi connection. Something must be happening between the WiFi/ethernet and the internet. Connecting the Macbook directly to the main cable modem by ethernet also does not work.
Can anyone give any ideas as to what is wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Ted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2015, 01:47 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Use the Wireless Diagnostic Assistant: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202663
Old 08-08-2015, 11:46 AM   #3
Registered Member

Smile

Thanks. Found the problem and solved it.

Ted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2015, 12:21 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

What was the problem?

Old 08-08-2015, 12:53 PM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Yes, please share the problem and what you did to fix it so others may be able to share in the experience, in case they have the same problem.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rootkit Issue
I recently downloaded two small utility programs and they both did their job. After I had, my default browser page became isearch.babylon and tried but failed to sort that. Then my superantispyware told me "A serious rootkit was detected on your machine" message and telling me I had to reboot to...
RayCee Resolved HJT Threads 19 10-04-2012 12:27 PM
search netsite virus
I am having trouble with the browser redirect virus. When I click a website on the google search page it takes me to search netsite webpage. If I paste that url directly there is no issue. Tried all anti virus, malware, spyware, combifix and so on.. nothing works pls help
amy123a Inactive Malware Help Topics 25 03-20-2012 10:58 PM
Internet Explorer & Dr.Watson has encountered...
Hello, I can't open most of my folders without my computer freezing up and my computer telling me that "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" and "Dr. Watson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close". Now, I've been using Google...
JCVerkler Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 3 11-18-2011 12:27 PM
pix firewall 515E internet problem
Hello this is my pix firewall 515E configuration. Password: Type help or '?' for a list of available commands. pixfirewall> en Password: pixfirewall# show runn : Saved :
uzairsiddiqui Security and Firewalls 0 04-27-2011 05:16 AM
Virus de-activated firewall and internet connection
Hi, my name is Steve and I have a problem that seems pretty common with other posts. I have tried a few basic options posted elsewhere but here I am. I turn on my computer and after the welcome screen my desktop background loads but it takes about 10 minutes for the icons and everything else to...
Sharewealth Resolved HJT Threads 20 03-14-2011 07:19 AM