Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

LG 19LS4R HDMI connection issues with Mac

This is a discussion on LG 19LS4R HDMI connection issues with Mac within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Good evening, I have had my LG for a long while now. It has always done exactly what I have

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 04:35 PM   #1
Registered Member

Good evening,

I have had my LG for a long while now. It has always done exactly what I have wanted it to do for that whole time. That has included using it as a external screen for my MacBook through HDMI.

Usually I plug the HDMI cable into the Mac and TV and they automatically pickup each other and the Mac screen is displayed on the TV. Unfortunately recently after accidentally changing a setting on my Mac, the TV just displays 'No signal' now when plugged in. It is trying to recognise something but always comes back to the same 'No signal' screen.

When I put my Mac into safe mode the TV recognises and displays the Mac screen but not in normal mode.

I have connected my Mac with another HDMI cable to another TV and it works fine. I have also used the same HDMI cable I am trying to connect with to another TV and same Mac and that works fine.

I can not for the life of me figure out how to get it back working, especially after it worked before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2017, 11:54 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Are you changing the input on the LG TV to the HDMI port that the Mac is plugged into?
Also go to System Preferences/Display choose Thunderbolt Display
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thunderbolt-display-el-cap-system-preferences-display-optimize.png
Views:	45
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	310873