Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Installing Samba scanner OSX

This is a discussion on Installing Samba scanner OSX within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello. Im trying to install a SMB scanner via Samba on my Mac but i dont know how to do

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 01:54 AM   #1
Registered Member

Roll Eyes

Hello. Im trying to install a SMB scanner via Samba on my Mac but i dont know how to do it at all.

Ive installed the drivers and created the shared folder following this tutorial: https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions....MB%20OSX.9.pdf

I have some questions:

- Where is created the shared folder?
- How can i define the path on the scanner to get the scans there?

The model of the printer/scanner is Develop Ineo+

i hope you can help me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2016, 08:17 PM   #2
Registered Member

On your mac, you can share a folder. This is achievable by going to the Apple Menu which is the upper left corner. So its, Apple Menu>System Preferences>Sharing. You have to put a check mark on the left pane there where it says File Sharing. In the mean time, create a folder somewhere on your computer called Scans. Go back to File Sharing, and look for the + sign in the Shared Folder column and add your Scan folder as a shared folder. For Users, over to the right, designate who has access to that folder. Most importantly, click the "Options" button over to the right and make sure you enable "Share files and folders using SMB. On your printer you will just have to enter Host information, Path to Scans. I hope that helps!! Good Luck!!
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UFD installing Win7 failed
UFD installing Win7 failed Netbook. CPU:Intel Atom processor N280 (1.66 GHz, 667 MHz FSB ) RAM: DDRII 1GB HDD:160GB(SATA, 5400 rpm) Current status: HD is partitioned: C 60GB & D 60GB & F 30GB. HD is set to IDE in BIOS for installing XP.
Vickyal Laptop Support 1 10-21-2012 02:22 AM
[SOLVED] Installing scanner
I have a scanner I got 3 or 4 yrs ago which I used with my desktop. But ever since I got the laptop, it's been unused. Wondering if it can be installed in the laptop. Scanner model/code no. is Canon LiDe20. The laptop I'm using presently is hp compaq nc6220. Please advise.
Songbird_2016 Laptop Support 11 12-15-2011 07:31 AM
DirectX Errors - Help!
Hey all, have registered to try and get some help from people who know what they're talking about. I've bought Civilization V today, and have tried to install it, but have run into issues. When installing it from disk, I encountered problems and Windows told me the programme may not have...
Davesmason Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 4 06-17-2011 02:26 AM
[SOLVED] Problems when installing a driver for my scanner
Hi! I do have serious problems when trying to install a driver for my scanner - Epson Perfection V700 - on my desktop. It was installed previous but after a reinstall of XP Pro (SP3) it seems impossible to install it again. Every time I get an errormessage: "Could not copy files. Make sure the...
berane Windows XP Support 5 02-12-2011 03:05 PM
DirectX Error [moved from Vista/7]
I've been told to run dxdiag, but when I do it says Error: Could not load dxdiagn.dll I've also downloaded DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer. However, when I attempt to install direct x, this appears: An internal system error occured. Please refer to DXerror.log and DirectX.log in...
eiliant BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 02-07-2011 01:29 AM