Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Installing nvidia gt 640 in lion 10.7.5

This is a discussion on Installing nvidia gt 640 in lion 10.7.5 within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello. I installed eVga gt 640 on my recently acquired Mac Pro 1.1 Desktop 2006, running OS Lion 10.7.5. It

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 12:29 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello. I installed eVga gt 640 on my recently acquired Mac Pro 1.1 Desktop 2006, running OS Lion 10.7.5. It started up ok with no problems but it showed only the 2 basic low resolutions till I installed Chimera 4.1. Then it showed multiple choices for resolution: up to 1680 x 1050. But it just shows NVIDIA D14P1-10 2048 but it should be 4.96 gb. It seemed initially to be working fine, except that it just crashes and needs to reboot after awhile. I decided to turn of the sleep mode for the hard drive, so it has been not crashing yet, however, it is starting to be very sluggish, so I don't think this card will work out. I thought maybe when it goes into sleep mode, it won't come out of it. Does anyone have any suggestions using this GT 640 nvidia card? Maybe it just isn't going to work out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2015, 12:45 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Try this one: NVIDIA DRIVERS 270.00.00f01
Old 08-11-2015, 01:10 PM   #3
Registered Member

thanks for the link but now this Mac pro won't startup with GT640 at all. So I installed the video card that originally came with it but it still will won't startup. I wonder if the system got corrupted. With the original card I see the Mac logo but the icon just goes around and round but just hangs there. Any ideas? I did the PRAM but it didn't help.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Installing driver for Nvidia Geforce 9300m G on Acer aspire 5520G. Should be simple..
First off, I won't be confused by anything technical, I know my way around a computer. So, my Laptop - Acer Aspire 5520G - AMD Turion 64 x2 dual-core mobile Nvidia Geforce 9300m G 4gb DDR2 etc etc.
Imardin Video Card Support 30 09-05-2011 02:26 PM
DirectX Errors - Help!
Hey all, have registered to try and get some help from people who know what they're talking about. I've bought Civilization V today, and have tried to install it, but have run into issues. When installing it from disk, I encountered problems and Windows told me the programme may not have...
Davesmason Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 4 06-17-2011 02:26 AM
After Installing nvidia graphic card my computer gets Hanged
I bought a new nvidia AGP Graphic card Model:FX5500 256mb.after installing it in the slot.it gets hanged in the startup of the windows. And even i am not Able to go into safe mode. its getting hanged while loading. PC Configuration: Processor: Intel Pentium D. Motherboard: Asus...
v3nky Video Card Support 8 05-25-2011 09:34 AM
BSOD when installing the latest nvidia graphics driver
About 4 days ago i've installed "Windows TinyXP" instead of Windows 7. Since then i have not been able to play any games because of an error saying "Driver does not support Direct3D9.0c" So i tried to install the latest driver, but i got an BSOD looking like this:...
Osmann45 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 02-20-2011 01:28 PM
DirectX Error [moved from Vista/7]
I've been told to run dxdiag, but when I do it says Error: Could not load dxdiagn.dll I've also downloaded DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer. However, when I attempt to install direct x, this appears: An internal system error occured. Please refer to DXerror.log and DirectX.log in...
eiliant BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 02-07-2011 01:29 AM