Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Install DVD for Yosemite

This is a discussion on Install DVD for Yosemite within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Retina MBP 13 in (early 2015, Yosemite 10.10.5). Helping out a friend whose Windows OS had crashed

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 10:38 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a Retina MBP 13 in (early 2015, Yosemite 10.10.5).

Helping out a friend whose Windows OS had crashed made me realise that Apple also no longer supplies Install DVD's.

Is there a way to make an installation DVD for the time when I need to make a fresh install of the OS? Can I get this on a pen drive?

Despite the bugs I am satisfied with Yosemite, and have no plans of upgrading to El Capitan. When the next version of OS X is released will I be able to directly download that through the App Store?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2016, 01:54 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Computer companies have stopped issuing recovery CD's and DVD's a long time ago to save money. All computers now come with a recovery partition to restore the computer to factory defaults. The problem with the Mac OSX install discs is they are larger then the standard 4.7GB DVD-R by 100mb's or so. You need to use a Double layer DVD blank to burn to disc.
It is much easier to burn a USB Flash drive of an OS install. Here is how: How to make a bootable OS X 10.10 Yosemite install drive | Macworld

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Possible Virus on Windows 7
Hello, I am pretty sure I have a virus, but my antivirus programs have been unsuccessful in finding it. I ran a lot of different things at one point (Norton Antivirus, ESOD, rkill, etc.). I am really not computer savy at all, so I can not give any more information on that front. The problem I...
jr123 Resolved HJT Threads 80 05-24-2013 04:58 AM
Google searches being redirected
Occasionally when I Google something it will redirect me to another website. I already tried using Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware, both did not work. There seems to be nothing wrong with my laptop other than the Google redirects. I ran the dds file from the stickied thread, this is what i...
bobojenkins Inactive Malware Help Topics 2 01-27-2012 03:49 AM
Vista to XP Downgrade Compaq/ HP F700/G6000/DV6900/DV6700/DVx7xx/DV9800 Series Laptop
GUIDELINES Please read the following:. I have compiled a list of drivers for the Compaq Presario/HP F700/G6000,DV6900/DV6700/x7xx and DV9800 series laptops with an AMD Processor ONLY. These drivers have been used "Successfully" to downgrade these laptops from Vista to XP. I must warn you....
BCCOMP Laptop Support 3 11-04-2008 07:58 PM