Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Google Drive problems on Mac

This is a discussion on Google Drive problems on Mac within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello Earlier this week, I uploaded a folder full of .png images to google drive, as I did not have

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 09:16 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello

Earlier this week, I uploaded a folder full of .png images to google drive, as I did not have a USB stick or hard drive on hand. The object of this was to move my images to my new computer. However, upon opening downloading the folder on my new computer, I find that the only thing it contains is an .exe called ".DS_Store". I opened this and found that it does absolutely nothing. Are my images lost? Is there any way I can recover them?

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2016, 02:14 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Google Drive is a Cloud storage, it Syncs with the Google Drive folder on your computer. When you start Google Drive on your computer, it Syncs the files in your Google Drive folder, with the files in the Cloud (on the internet). If you have the Google Drive icon on the left sidebar of Finder, you can Right click it (CTRL+Click) to see that it is syncing. The Complete Guide to Google Drive on a Mac
You can also go to Google Drive in the cloud to see your files. https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?elo=1 If your files are not in the Cloud, then your Google drive on your old computer didn't finish syncing with the cloud.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:27 PM   #3
Registered Member

If you have a new machine this means you have an old machine ....correct? Did you check your old machine as they should still be there..unless they were deleted. .DS_Store is an invisible file that you normally wouldn't see and it stores information particular to that folder.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Random browser issues
When I mean 'random', I mean that I have been noticing that my browsers would, only now and again, try to pop up a random webpage. Stated a while ago after I let someone hold my laptop for a bit, only to come back to something called 'SpringFiles'. I know this is likely similar to Kazza or...
Hazarath Inactive Malware Help Topics 8 11-28-2015 02:37 AM
External HD with irreplaceable urgent data shows files/folders but all are now empty
First of all, I have a desktop PC running Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit. Second of all, I apologize for the length of this post but I wanted to include all relevant information and history of the drive in case some piece of that info happened to be key in solving this issue. Now for...
Urgent Recovery Hard Drive Support 6 08-07-2014 12:54 PM
Bad Image errors
Hi there, I've just started suffering from Bad Image errors when trying to run certain exe files on my Win 7 PC with error message saying that certain exe and dll files are "either not designed to run in Windows or contains an error". Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Festoon Resolved HJT Threads 26 10-15-2013 06:32 AM
[SOLVED] VIRUS????
Hello, Could someone PLEASE help me? I'm getting a lot of page 404 error, "Welcome to nginx!" when trying to load a page from my bookmark or even a simple search result from Google. Thank you very much for your time!!!!!! ***************************** . DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) -...
bcdinh Resolved HJT Threads 48 03-19-2012 06:33 PM