Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Firefox SLOW on iMac

This is a discussion on Firefox SLOW on iMac within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. iMac Machine. OS 10.11.3. When different "pages" are loaded using Firefox, including the start up page, about 90% of the

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 08:17 AM   #1
Registered Member

iMac Machine. OS 10.11.3.

When different "pages" are loaded using Firefox, including the start up page, about 90% of the time the "beach ball" remains visible and rapidly slows the machine down. After two or three tabs with "beach balls" visible the browser becomes almost useless.

I don't want to switch browsers, but unless this gets fixed I'll have no choice.

Thanks for any assistance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2016, 05:35 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Do you have the same issue in Safari? check you internet speed at Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test If it is slower then the advertised speed you are paying for, have the ISP test the lines.
If Safari works fine and other devices on your network do not have the same problem, try running Firefox without Add-ons:How to Start Firefox Without the Add-Ons | Chron.com If this works, then one of your add-ons is slowing you down. You can try disabling each one till you find the culprit. (eg) In Firefox, go to Tools/Add-Ons/Extensions and Plugins

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Malicious Code Has Targeted Firefox - Please Help!
I have been experiencing abnormalities with Firefox, pages not loading correctly, erratic navigation, as well as other problems, since about 2013-04-25. It was on that day that COMODO Internet Security alerted me to several threats (I have attached those logfiles to this post), of which several...
Its Complicated Mozilla/Firefox Browsers 4 05-25-2013 10:57 AM
Mozilla re-releases Firefox 9, backs out fix causing crashes
A day after it shipped Firefox 9, Mozilla quickly released an update after backing out a bug fix that was causing some Mac, Linux and Windows browsers to crash. Mozilla issued Firefox 9.0.1 Wednesday, making one user wondering if it was bogus because it appeared hard on the heels of version 9. ...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 12-22-2011 12:41 PM
computer running slow, avast + firefox stopped working
I think I may have been infected. My computer seems to be running slow and avast! no longer works. I tried uninstalling avast in order to do a fresh reinstall but the uninstaller hangs up at about half way and will not continue. Also, Firefox stopped working. When I attempt to open it, I get...
Sarahb242 Resolved HJT Threads 12 08-12-2011 05:48 PM
Mozilla Firefox 4.0 causes problems?
Hi, As I am new to this forum I'd like to say "hello" to everyone, and this forum seems to be very helpful. So my problem is the following... I had Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox 3.6 installed on my laptop. When the first stable release of Mozilla Firefox 4.0 was released I upgraded from...
Sancy Mozilla/Firefox Browsers 1 05-01-2011 09:25 AM