Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Mac Support

User Tag List

Failing to Recognise SD Card

This is a discussion on Failing to Recognise SD Card within the Mac Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, Experiencing some issues with my iMac recognising SD Cards. No problem recognising the 2 x Sandisk one's I have,

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 11:34 AM   #1
mfmcgreal

My System

Hi,

Experiencing some issues with my iMac recognising SD Cards. No problem recognising the 2 x Sandisk one's I have, however it's failing to recognise two Kingston SD Cards, of which both are different versions/memory.

Any suggestions, especially to a third party tool of some sort which could maybe recognise them?

Martin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2016, 01:44 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

With the SD card in the computer, go to Utilities/Disk Utilities/First Aid. Is the SD card showing on the Left Panel? If so, you can highlight it and Verify the Disk, Repair the Disk and Repair the Permissions.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:34 PM   #3
Moderator - Alternative Computing Team

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunk.funk View Post
With the SD card in the computer, go to Utilities/Disk Utilities/First Aid. Is the SD card showing on the Left Panel? If so, you can highlight it and Verify the Disk, Repair the Disk and Repair the Permissions.
If you are using El Capitan, you will only see a First Aid button. Repair Permissions and Repair Disk is no longer available. The First Aid function will do somethings these buttons did in previous versions of Mac OS... but they have been significantly diminished

Are the SD cards recognized in other devices? For example, another computer or a camera they are being used in or something?

Old 01-15-2016, 04:05 AM   #4
mfmcgreal

My System

Oops - Wasn't recognised since the SD's lock wasn't switched -- my bad.

Other issue now however. The SD card is refusing files. Attempting to drag them over, however the files are being sent straight back. Disk Utility not allowing me to partition the drive either.

Old 01-15-2016, 04:10 AM   #5
mfmcgreal

My System

UPDATE -- Had a fiddle around with the lock on the SD card, and issue is now resolved.
Closed Thread